Clam shell shipping for plants

If you grow and ship plants, please give me a clue.  Now that SFRB is almost $7.00, been looking at some of the clam shell solutions like the one in this link.

http://www.cloneshipperunit.com/products/medium-package-6-plug-prme-380614

Thing is, that solution seems awfully expensive for what it is.  So looked around and found a place in Holland.  I do not have the price, but they only sell by the skid.  So I imagine the per unit cost is tiny but the investment is large due to quantity and transportation.

Question is: How much interest would there be in the clam shell shipping solution?  Not really looking to go into the packaging business.  Looking to buy them for shipping plants but dont much need how every many thousands a skid would contain.

Floricole, thank you.  I don't think they are being made in North America.  Cloneshipper is really expensive for what they are.  A-roo only does skid or case quantities.  My guess is they are made in the UK or elsewhere, one resells the case and the other resells individuals.  I have samples in from both and now trying to get the case / skid prices from A-Roo.

Thank you very much for pointing me to them.  I doubt I will be able to order their minimum quantity this year, but maybe I'll wind up using Clone shipper for this year and then A-Roo next year if it all works out.  Goal being to offer affordable plants.  Shipping sometimes makes goals like that hard.

Back