• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

We need Hot Sauces in the EU!

Hi guys, this is a call out to all the companies that produce the hot, tasty and wonderful sauces that we see reviewed day by day.
Most of you are based in the US or in Australia, and shipping costs make prohibitive for people like me in Europe to try those products, unless we accept to pay 20,30 or more $ for the shipping.
I know that there's a dealer in the UK (Hot Headz) that sells most of the well known brands, but even his shipping prices are getting high (24$ shipping for 5$ sauce...).
If you know other dealers please tell me, else if you can manage to export some of your products then we all can afford to try your wonderful hot sauces.

I already know it's hard, but at least i've tried! ;)

Thank you so much!

Roberto

Your best best is to start reading through the hot sauce recipes and plan to make your own. Probably your cheapest and quickest way to get yourself a bunch of hot sauce. Look for types you would like to try and look at the ingredient list and start trying to replicate them. I am now in love with fermenting hot sauce. Go check out some of Rocketman's recipies

Shipping overseas is tough.  A medium flat rate box (6-8 bottles) costs around $60-70 to ship.  $66.50 to Italy.  When my website is finished later this month I'll accept international orders, but I don't expect many specifically because shipping costs are so prohibitive.  :(

+++ to what SmokeNFire said.  I can fit 3 small bottles (5 oz/148ml) in a small flat rate box, for about $20 shipping.  However, most of my sauces are in 10-12oz/296+ml bottles.  The only reasonable way to ship those is Medium flat rate box for $60-ish.  Divided by 6-8 bottles, that's making the final price per bottle about $16-$18 per bottle. 

Man, I WISH there was a more economical option for shipping small numbers of bottles international.  It's disheartening to refund people's money or tell them the shipping price. 

To what's available in EU...I've seen video of a chile festival in Norway(I'm pretty sure...)  I'll try to find the video...you can watch the video and maybe get some names of other sauces companies that may not have a huge internet presence.

Good Luck and if you find some companies, maybe post back here so others down the road can find them also. 

Back