• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest VOTE! Bread Bowl Throwdown

Whose Super Bowl party would you attend?

• Rymerpt - [url=http://thehotpepper.com/topic/59013-begin-bread-bowl-throwdown/page-3#entry1270838]An

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
BREAD BOWL!

The question is easy...

Whose Super Bowl party would you attend?

VOTE!
48 hour poll.

The Texas chili is spot on, the cooking pic is money, I swear I saw the pic and saw chocolate, then I saw it in the list... I know it's impossible to see but may have been the color or just the way it looked, complex, deep flavors... the meat is chili grind size, killer. Nice chili, nice sammie.

GIP's bread bowl soup looks spicy and tasty with a nice pepper profile.

Hybrid has a nice array of foods with sammies, soup, and dip. I'll be all over that crab dip and nice heat too! Man I love seafood dips, the crackers are spot on, look pro. Nice sweet/salty pepper choice there in the malih-helow. Excellent roast turkey from a dry brine with Wild Brazil flakes, more pepper profiling. It's THP right? The soup is the cool down, no spice (wait is has peppers yay!), but we'll be dipping those sammies and eating that dip.

I love me some merguez, homemade with harissa spiced pork and fries on the sammie, on fresh baked hero bread, that is killer.

Okay okay... Super Bowl. Where would I be? At Hybrid's, near the crab dip and crackers. Turkey sandwiches are good warm or cold, so you could pile those up and I'll take one when I'm hungrier. The soup can be in the warmer and served hot, and the sammie can be dipped in it, and bam, an all night affair. I'll still end up finishing all the crab dip.

Even if not the Super Bowl, Hybrid gets it. So that's my vote.

That makes me happier. The beer is the cool down!!!! I just looked that pepper up, it is a hot pepper even with your name. My bad. I'm not up on all the peppers. Not sure what I was thinking I've heard of that pepper before... Hungarian sweet wax I suppose!

But I want spice in everything and you layered a lot of pepper types. Well done!

TC took my vote, hands down. I love it when a man gets that chocolate, in and of itself, is not sweet - - -  AND knows how to use it in chili. And who can resist that childhood favorite of grilled cheese? I rarely eat bread, but totally wanted to scarf his entry until it was completely gone. Plus, the loaves he made were just perfect. Excellent work there!

Cannot disagree with geeme one bit. Prob best Texas chili I have seen here. Hard vote. When it's a hard vote it's a good thing.

Hybrid gets my vote.

The seafood portion of his entry looks like something they might serve at the restaurant I work for. Do you have restaurant experience Hybrid, out of curiosity? I'm not on the kitchen staff, but the presentation rings a bell. It could be purely coincidence. I buss tables/ect. at a restaurant that is a division of Muer Seafood Restaurants, a subsidiary of Landry's Inc.  

nice job. 

Key, I used to cook in restaurants through my college years, but never anywhere that served crab dip. lol The turkey club melt, however, was inspired by a similar sandwich I made at the first restaurant where I worked. They use marble rye and Swiss/cheddar, though. 
     Thanks for the props on plate presentation!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back