• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

CubbieBlue 2016 Glog - THIS IS THE YEAR! :)

hey all! i'll keep it short and sweet - jumping in to the deep end head-first this year. will be my first grow season doing anything more than just putting some plants from the hardware store into the ground and letting them do their own thing.

following the advice given to me directly here, and also otherwise found all over this wonderful forum, i started building a grow-box-in-a-shelving-unit sortof thing last night. got the idea from this thread:

http://thehotpepper.com/topic/53268-first-glog-2015/

i have 10 little reapers going in small pots. also have two more that i had already transplanted into much bigger containers. bunch more seeds on the way

from Hippy Seed in AUS:

black cobra
aji camba
black thai tq
Caysan Chilli
Mr Fothergill's Super Chilli
aji amarillo
Trinidad Yellow Scotch Bonnet
White Bhut Jolokia
Yellow Lightning Habanero
THSC Black Scorpion Tongue
Purple Bhut BR
Hanoi Red Chilli
Peruvian White Habanero
Takanotsume Pepper
serrano
jalapeno

from buckeye:

Criolla Sella
Cayenne Purple
Urfa Biber
Tshololo Orange
Fatalii Yellow
Explosive Ember
Fatalii White
Jabba Da Hutt JS Mustard 

http://imgur.com/D94a9uZ

thats the bottom half of a 5-tier 6'x2'x4' shelving unit, wrapped in siding underlayment/insulation and tin foil. not done yet - it got too late into the night.

i had been ordering dried reaper flake and powder for many months, and finally decided around august 2015 to start growing my own. learned how long they take to grow, so got started with the seeds in october. i had hoped that my south-facing sunroom (all windows on E, S, W sides) would be allow ample light for the little guys, but there just isn't enough sun here in central illinois this time of year.

this forum lit a fire under my arse yesterday. you guys are awesome. i picked up a bunch of stuff to throw that thing together (and enough for a second - two sets of two tiers overall). i don't know where the heck i will put all of these plants if theay all (most) grow, but i'll deal with that problem if and when it arises. more photos to come tonight!

Embed your pics, bro. It'll go a long way towards making the post visually enticing. ;)

Good luck!

When using Imgur, choose the bb code link instead of the direct link. Your pix will show right in your posts. Nice list and best wishes!

FrQY62G.jpg

thanks guys. im so friggin eager i might just go pick up some packets of basic habs, jals, etc after work tonight so i have something to do while i wait for the rest to get here. lol.

decided to add on aji lemon drop and aji crystal from buckeye. i swear if i dont have some seeds here asap im going to just end up ordering everything the internet has to offer, lol. itchy trigger finger.

dORB0iB.jpg

moP09Ik.jpg

VrGYFmr.jpg

reaper babies still coming along. they got their first diluted nutes yesterday.

still waiting for the 72-cell tray to show some action...has only been a few days. the tray on the right has some experiments in it - packet cucumbers and brocc, etc. thinking of cleaning it out and starting another batch of peppers this weekend to keep my work staggered. :)

juanitos said:
lol ur lights close enough?
looking good

the plants sprung up a good inch and a half vertically after i fed them! i guess i could raise an inch or two, lol.

when i got home from work yesterday, i had two new seedlings in the tray!! hopefully by this weekend i will have a bunch of work to do.
BearDown said:
Cool set up. The plants look happy!

thanks man!! going well so far. can't wait for some warm weather and sun!! probably another 6-8 weeks out though :/

sorry for the houdini act, ya'll. past couple months have been....busy. we'll just leave it at that, heh. i will try to get some new photos and an update up when i get home from work tonight!

SORRY SORRY SORRY

stopped home on lunch and snapped a couple photos of the FIRST WAVE that is out on one of the porches. bear in mind, these were started at all different times. some were under t12 until recently, others under hps in the basement. enjoy! i'll try to answer any questions, not much time to write right now!

3EwvtKg.jpg

rzZ6a38.jpg

Dlxmcmo.jpg

I7rHP8I.jpg

Back