• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Pepper ID please

Looking at ID'ing this pepper.. Did not grow true AT ALL lol... But has amazing peppers on it anyway...

Peppers start of growing upright singularly in a small round cherry sized pepper with a slightly conical top... Starting off dark Purple/Brown/Black and ripening through a blotchy patchy red with black top to a completely red matte pepper with a  dark tinged top.
Peppers are thick walled, juicy with a light sweetness and when really ripe have a cherry hint to their flavour,  I'd guess a 20-30,000 scoville heat (not eating the placenta as its covered in seed) 

Foliage is green with small purple highlights..

Seeds are clumped tightly arond the placenta inside in a ball shape..

I have seen many similar peppers but not this one... 

Unripe Peppers

Ripening

Ripe

Cross Section

Looks like possibly a Black Namaqualana or Black Manaqualana.
One,I forget which is a large Banana looking pepper,but the other looks JUST like your pics.
Both ripe are red with a marbled black on the pods.

I have Both outside now.No pods,just buds.
Too lazy to go through my seeds right now to check out both dry pod packs I have now.
I just started work.
If things are slow,I'll edit which one looks like your pic.

Also resembles Black Cluster.AND several others...It looks like an Annuum.

I owe,I owe,so off to work I go. LOL

Lovepeppers said:
What was it suppose to be when you sowed the seed?

A mustard Habanero LOL... ebay seed.. 

ColdSmoke said:
That pepper is badass whatever it is. Save seeds

That 'Ripe' Picture doesn't do it justice, it was one of the only ripe unharvested pods I had already cut the rest up... The rest where a perfect shape with a nice red to black/red toned top.. There very tasety little buggers !!

It podded up so fast and every flower took, so now I'm waiting for the next lot since I harvested.. I'm pretty sure it was a preetty solid and intense purple flower.. Ill have a look later and see if there are some more =)

I can pretty much say its a C. annuum by the pod set, shape and thick flesh, Its quite possible that its a cherry pepper crossed with a purple variety. I don't trust buying any kind of seeds from ebay as you can never tell what you might end up with.

I wasnt really looking after it as it wasnt usually what I would try and keep, I thought it might of been an ornamental to begin with but after seeing them ripen up and tasting them I will start getting it going properly now.

It looks to me like the black pearls I grew this year. Black pearls are supposed to have black leaves, but mine had green ones like yours. Here's a pic I found (not mine).

pepper.black_.pearl_.mixfruit.jpg

Thats what I mean about these... There so similar to so many other varieties , yet different.. They litterly ripen from Black into red as the motled black goes away red is left behind , no transition colour, and their single pod per node.  I guess that's the most wonderful thing (and sometimes annoying) about peppers.. The variety is immense, and even two peppers from a supposed same variety can be so different in so many ways.. I'll grow another few out and see if they hold true..

Back