• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Who has the best stuffed peppers recipe?

So I made some stuffed peppers today with what I had.  It turned out ok but not great since I didnt' really have everything from the recipe I looked at.

I chopped garlic and finely chopped onions in a pan with olive oil then added chopped habaneros and chopped hot italian sausage.  
I cooked that on medium low till it was done.  
Then I mixed it with goat cheese and cream cheese and some basil, oregano, salt, pepper, some more olive oil, and crushed ritz crackers (the italian breadcrumbs went back in october).

mixed it all up, then chopped up a red bell pepper into 4 pieces and stuffed it in and put mozerella on top.  THen chopped 3 orange habaneros in half and stuffed them.  

Baked at 350F for 27 min.  

Like I said it came out OK but I bet one of you people can give me a recipe that will blow my mind and make it worth it for me to go out and get the ingredients.  Currently my grow is new and no peppers yet.  So I have access to Jalapenos, serenos and habs.  

What is the best stuffed pepper recipe you have?

Manzanos, rocottos, poblanos make good stuffed peppers. I like Mexican rice, raisins, pine nuts (or pipian seeds/pepitas), and queso fresco inside. Mix the rice mixture with some red enchilada type sauce or mole and stuff. Bake until done then spoon sauce on plate, put pepper, and top with more sauce.

For chile rellenos you will want to roast the pepper first, stuff, and deep fry using a special batter with egg whites, then top with sauce and cheese. Some recipes are around on here.

Here's BigB's: http://thehotpepper.com/topic/51383-red-sauce-that-works-with-anything-especially-chile-rellenos/

Here's Scoville DeVille's: http://thehotpepper.com/topic/48003-poblano/?p=1017142

Those two actually fought it out once!

Jalapeño, Serrano and Habs. Make ABT's! (Atomic Buffalo Turds), or Poppers if you prefer.
All you need is cheese and bacon!

Stuffed Peppers and Rellenos are different things. When I think "Stuffed Peppers" I think of what my mom made with ground beef, rice and tomatoes stuffed in a bell pepper and baked. Ok but not fabulous.

Rellenos are ALWAYS deep fried with either a batter or beaten eggs. I've had some Rellenos that had an omelette like coating. Yummo!
I make mine with Poblanos, roasted and peeled, and an egg white batter. Roll in flour, dip in whipped egg whites and deep fry. To stuff them, make a slit down the length of the pepper, stuff and use toothpicks to sew it bak up. You can stuff them with literally anything. Refried beans, ground beef, chicken, carnitas, steak, cheese, chorizo, rice, ettc etc etc. or any combination of stuff.

Once I have mine stuffed, and toothpicked together, (before the flour stage) I partially freeze them. Fry in 360° peanut or Canolla oil until golden.

And raisins aren't real. Have you ever seen a raisin tree? I thought so. haha

Scoville DeVille said:
Stuffed Peppers and Rellenos are different things. When I think "Stuffed Peppers" I think of what my mom made with ground beef, rice and tomatoes stuffed in a bell pepper and baked. Ok but not fabulous.
Yup that's more Hungarian.

There's many good recipes that are not rellenos and do not require the frying. Like chiles en nogada, with walnuts and pomegranate seeds. Or just make up your own recipe!

I loathe, despise and HATE raisins!!! And prunes are just giant friggin raisins. uuulchk!!!

Ironically, when I was developing my Molé recipe, that decade, I realised it needed something. So after about 6years and a bunch of Tequila, I threw a handfull into the Molé blender. Now they are a very important ingredient in there. It adds a certain sweetness and a touch of nuttiness without interfering with the chocolate and other nuts and seeds.

Other than that, keep those things away from me. I will cut you! :Rofl:

I'm a sucker for roasted pablanos stuffed with queso as is but stuffed with some spanish rice, chorizo andblack olives would be good too, slather with some chihuahua cheese and a little mole or red sauce mmm

My mind didn't even go to the gross stuffed bell pepper when I though of stuffed peppers my mind went more to a mexi style. I've never had a regular stuffed recipe I liked. Especially not the rice and sausage stuffed bells. bleh

Scoville DeVille said:
So when you eat stuffed peppers D3, do you take a bite of pepper, then a spoonful of the stuffing? :rofl:

Nice stuffed peppers D3!

rice.jpg

Yeah I remember green stuffed peppers that baked so long the green turned soft and bitter. Lots of people say green bell peppers aren't bitter but it must have to do with how long they are cooked cuz I can still taste it!

With stuffed pepper less is actually MORE,its a simple peasant dish
Learn the basics and then build from there to your taste preference of "flavors"
Then YOU will have the BEST for your liking

Back