• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

I taste PexPeppers Taco Fuego and Atomic Purple

Aloha,

I decided to order and try some sauces from PexPeppers.  I tried Taco Fuego and Atomic Purple.  I'm new to recording myself doing this but plan on keeping video records of the peppers i'm growing in the future.  I'm very new to this so any advice to better my recordings is appreciated.  I give both of these sauces an A+ in flavor.  I apologize ahead of time for the heavy breathing sounds, I need to work with my mic and find the right distance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jls81dslgtw&feature=youtu.be

Yeah ... Pex needs a lower-heat line, for sure ...

I think they are tasty for hot they are, but I'm in a phase right now where they are all too hot ...

Taco Fuego blew me up last time, and that's only a fraction of the heat of a bunch on my shelf ...

In fairness they are clearly labelled ...

I had like 12/10 and 15/10 one's, lol ...
I like bee bomb ... a lot ...

reminds me of one of my fav cooks last yr ...

At one point in your video, you were holding the bottle pf pex's Atomic Purple, and remarking on how good it tasted... and in the next moment, remarking on how much it burned. There was a wistfulness there, tempered with caution. I'm not sure that sincere a look can be faked by anyone!
You so obviously wanted another taste, and you you just weren't quite tempted enough, yet, to take another. You were waiting out the burn.
If i had that look on my face in my childhood, i'd bet my eyes were flickering from a cookie jar to a particularly stern babysitter.

I think anyone who wasn't immediately sold on that product would have been a bit heat-phobic, and it would have occurred to them a moment later that they could try adulterating small amounts with, say, lemon juice, yogurt, fruit juice, whatever....

Good review. I look forward to your next.

PexPeppers said:
THAT is a good idea! have a recipe to put on the site?

I just use 1 can of albacore tuna, a good sized glob of mayo maybe a qtr cup, 1-2tsp of pex's sauce, and a tsp of liquid smoke. I adjust the mayo, liquid smoke, and sauce depending on how spicy I want it an what consistency. 
it's really good for the hotter sauces as you get the flavor but not as much oomph of heat

Back