• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Counting calories

I'm trying to lose a few lbs & I'm back to counting calories. Most weekends, I munch on stuffed peppers. Is there a good rule of thumb in counting calories in them? Like, is the amount of cheese in the middle counted as a serving? Half a serving? How many calories do jalapenos & habaneros have anyway?

Exactly, pay attention to what you stuff them with and what you are having them with. The combo is very often the secret. The harder it is to digest, the more fat will be gained.

Chiliac said:
The harder it is to digest, the more fat will be gained.

Wait a sec....Celery is extremely hard to digest and you don't gain fat from it. In fact, the body uses more energy to process and digest a piece celery than is gained from that same piece you've eaten....hence it being a major player in most conventional diets.

And Impy, just like Millworkman said, i wouldn't sweat the calories of fresh veggies at all, just the extra stuff.

I don't know anything about Calorie counting. Thankfully blessed with an overactive matabloism. The only time I counted calories is in health class in high school. I think I was eating 13,000 calories a day and was the highest count in the class....and the skiniest.

Sickmont said:
In fact, the body uses more energy to process and digest a piece celery than is gained from that same piece you've eaten
Some thing happens with milk....does not do the body good.

imaguitargod said:
I don't know anything about Calorie counting. Thankfully blessed with an overactive matabloism. The only time I counted calories is in health class in high school. I think I was eating 13,000 calories a day and was the highest count in the class....and the skiniest.

I'm the same, just like the rest of my family. I wouldn't say I'm skinny, just petite, I'm a UK size 6.

Omri said:
God, I hate when people (especially women) watch what they eat. life's short... enjoy it.

Omni, this is a little shortsighted. Some people have a hard time with their metabolism. If people were so hedonistic in their lifestyle, life would be even shorter, and it's hard to enjoy life while you're on dialysis.

It's important to be healthy. If counting calories makes that happen, then that's good.

Frankly, I don't think calorie counting is the way to go. I'd suggest an exercise program that you enjoy. Be it a sport, swimming, anything.

If you're active, you don't need to count calories. Just eat reasonably heathy foods.

klyth said:
Omni, this is a little shortsighted. Some people have a hard time with their metabolism. If people were so hedonistic in their lifestyle, life would be even shorter, and it's hard to enjoy life while you're on dialysis.

It's important to be healthy. If counting calories makes that happen, then that's good.

Frankly, I don't think calorie counting is the way to go. I'd suggest an exercise program that you enjoy. Be it a sport, swimming, anything.

If you're active, you don't need to count calories. Just eat reasonably heathy foods.

I agree that exercise plays a big part in it.

shayneyasinski said:

Hey you don't really want a pic of my little 29 inch hips.

klyth said:

And don't forget the water. Drink lots of water too.

klyth said:

I workout, but eat whatever I want. I'm not skinny but there's hardly any fat on me. just really big and sexy. ;)
I know how some people have problems with weight, but what's the point of having a long life if you're not enjoying it? not saying you should eat poison just for the kick of it, but feel free to eat whatever you want, and remember to stay active. burn that fat!

If you're at a certain point where it's dangerous for you to eat certain types of food, stay away from them (just like when you're allergic), but that's about it.

+1 on the hips pic

rainbowberry said:
Hey you don't really want a pic of my little 29 inch hips.
And they for sure don't want a pic of my hips!

Sickmont said:
And don't forget the water. Drink lots of water too.
That's a no-no. The 8 cups of water a day is a myth. All it does is deplete your body of important nutrients.

imaguitargod said:
That's a no-no. The 8 cups of water a day is a myth. All it does is deplete your body of important nutrients.
Which will make your pods extremely small and mild.

imaguitargod said:

I know, but it sure as hell beats drinking 8 cups of SODA a day....unless you really like loading yourself up with HFCS and phosphoric acid and perhaps aspartame.

And besides, the human body gets most of it's water from food anyways.

1st of all I drink at least 20 cups of water a day, and that's just the water!
2nd I don't think drinking too much soda is a smart move. like AT ALL.
imaguitargod said:
So that's why my pods are so huge......... :lol: ;)
My pods are massive with a really nice fruity flavor, or at least that's what they tell me.

Back