• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Baccatum needing ID please

Got a Baccatum needing ID, another unknown..

Plants grew quick, tall, gangly and light green in colour. Baccatum flowers, and quick forming single and double pods.

Thought the pods were going to splay out and become Bishops Crowns, but the continued to grow into larger lobes, Bell shaped with three distinct sections to the bottom..

Thanks for your time and expertise.

I was thinking that but I ended up with three identical plants and theres no variance in pod shape so unless its all F1 seed from the same cross or something, I can't imagine all the plants looking identical... Hoping for that "someone" out there thats grown just abot everything to have a look and know what it is =P

There's several shaped like that. Champion comes to mind . That little inverted nipple at the tip makes me really want to say that's what it is. 

1champion.jpg

Then there's aji fantasy - though I don't think that's it. Too flared

aji-white-fantasy.jpg

There's also christmas bell,

christmas_bell_A.jpg

starfish is too squat and has more ridges/lobes... final color i'm sure would help a lot. 

Do you have a list of what you planted and just lost the tag or are these just complete mysteries?

Bolsa de dulce also produced a bell shaped pheno but with 3 plants you should of seen some the other phenos. I had 3 plants and all 3 had different phenos

post-9602-0-31798200-1435862894_thumb.jpg

So many Baccatums are SO very similar.

NONE of MY (unstable) Aji Fantasy looked like that.
BUT i hear now that they are now stable...
My seeds are from years ago-pure etc. when I grew them out.Isolated for X years.

So many Bishops Crown types are pods that might be crosses,Land Race , crosses OR varitions.

I'd guess the Christmas Bell is a good bet,But I've seen Orchid as a very similar pod too.
Can't see the Caylix (SP?) on your pods.
I have several Chinense crosses with Baccatums.
All are gold specked buds.Some grow 7 pot and scorpion tails.
They have a Bac. taste and a low super range heat.
Caylix is different at times-cross or?

They,mine are Red and orange Aji crosses.
Most put out red pods.

KrakenPeppers said:
One of them has taken a reddish hue so it's not he fantasy .. Thanks for he info, I'll have to wait for them ripen up now to see how they finalise
Do you have a list of seeds you planted or are these pure mysteries?

KrakenPeppers said:
Nope.. these things were meant to be ........ " 7 Pot Primo Red "  LOL gotta love ebay seed ... lol.... So there a pure mystery...
Have you searched through the ebay sellers seed bank to see if there is anything that even slightly resembles your pods?....just a thought.

Hotrod64 said:
Have you searched through the ebay sellers seed bank to see if there is anything that even slightly resembles your pods?....just a thought.

I did and the idiot has them marked as Bishops Crowns and they look exactly the same as mine.. Not bishops crowns.. 

What was annoying about his seeds are that half of them where exactly what their supposed to be he other half where either the wrong type or even a mix of wrong types in the same lot ( I literally had one batch of seeds grow out 3-4 different plant types... So wether he sells out and just replaces them with whatever or he never had them in the first place I don't know.

That last picture looks just like my Bishops Crown Peppers. There is no heat until you get to the are where the seeds are and then its still a mild heat. This was taken in November which was my last harvest of Bishops.

Attachments

• bishops.JPG
    bishops.JPG
    114.2 KB · Views: 51
Back