beer Official Brewdown Thread!!!

Alright folks. I was contacted by Rocketman this morning about doing this as a friendly competition like we do the TD's and the Wing Throwdowns and I thought hey, why not!

The first one of these will start in April, since it is too close to March to do anything.

So here is the deal

Brew Down Rules

Brew downs are online homebrewing competitions that occur whenever we come up with an idea and allow 4 to 5 weeks to complete the brew and mail a bottle out to wheebz for judging*.

Follow these 5 simple rules to enter, and have fun. These rules pertain to all Brew downs, unless stated otherwise in the actual BD.

1. To enter the BD, please reply to the BD topic with:
a) A name for your creation.
b) A list of all ingredients used.
c) Detailed preparation steps, mashing times, and temps, boil time, timing of additions, Fermentation time and temperature, rackings and any additions to secondaries. Measurements and weights are not required, but are encouraged.

2. Pictures of your brewing process should be included, at least 1, one, picture of each step in the brewing process.

3. In order to prove that you made this brew for this BD we ask that you post a Proof of Life. PoL = a monetary amount stated at the beginning of the competition that must be shown in one of your pictures with coins or bills, in your country's tender. May or may not be converted. It must be a picture that shows the ingredients used, so, it may be your teaser, or one of your final pics, but change by itself or with just one ingredient does not count.
4. Wheebz will announce what the next Brew Down will be during the third week of the preceding month. You will then have one week to prepare, order ingredients, purchase that new piece of equipment, etc... On the first of the month he'll announce the POL and after that brewing can start. You will have until midnight on the last day of the month to finish your brew and get a bottle to wheebz at his brewery address.

5. During the first week of the following month wheebz will review all entries, judge them based off of BJCP guidelines, and post the results and pick the winner. Then, he'll show us how he'd brew that style of beer or what he'd do with the secret ingredients and explain why.

Please follow all of the rules or you may be disqualified. If you do not post the PoL, or you do not make the deadline, you are automatically disqualified.

*Judging will be done in accordance with the BJCP rules and guidelines.

I am gonna throw in a kicker

Whoever wins this first one, I will brew their recipe in my brewery on the 30 gallon pilot system and serve it for opening day

you get to name it, as long as its not some fucked up name

Might be a really strange name for the Lambic we might or might now be brewing

8971611A-4F88-45D8-A1DA-5B91E5F6AD02_zpsqpojkw4z.jpg

just sayin

Couldn't imagine a less-appealing beer to start ...

But, I love the thought of Wheebz having to drink a whole series of sours from us ...

if you havent been there, go

https://www.facebook.com/events/537429633088803/

You think you know sours, you can fuck off after this festival

to put it in perspective, every booth has a jar of Tums on its tap box

first time I went was 4 years ago, and I had 68 different sour beers there. 68.....

and that was before the Western world knew was sours were

Now exactly how is Saison pronounced, is more French as in Sa-son or more Sa-zon? Also, what's a good resource for hownto brew with Bret?

Don't know, I think that was more just my posting a picture of what zi was drinking last night, Wheebz making a comment and everyone running with it.

Back