• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Your top five peppers

Bhut Jolokia  (Peach)
7 Pot Jonah
Bahamian Goat Pepper
Yellow Cardi Scorpion
Antillais Caribbean

My list changes over time as I acquire and grow new varieties but Bhuts are a must have for me. 

Top Five From 2015:

1. Bahamian Goat
2. de Arbol/Pequin
3. Biker Billy Jalapeño
4. Caribbean Red Hot
5. (tied for 5th) Albanian Red Hot/Aleppo/Brazilian Starfish/Bishops Crown/Piment d' Espellette/

Mainly b/c these are what I bottled and ate the most peppers from the plant.

ONLY 5? 

I came up with a list of 10+ easily just thinking for a minute, and that just from ones I enjoyed last year… impossible to pick top 5 ever!!

Aji Golden
Bhut Orange Copenhagen
Yellow Congo
NagaBrain
Chile de Arbol ‘stubby’

(was a huge fan of the 7 Pot Lava's, 7 Pot Orange, Daisy Cutter, and Devil’s Brain too… ok- that makes 9. Lol. Can't help myself... ;)

Chocolate Falalii
MOA's
Bishops Crown
Aji Pineapple
Biker Billy and Bahamian Goat tied for 5th :)

I'm basing this on flavor. ease of growing, consumption and versatility of the peppers. Anything hotter than whats on my list is limited just to me and my brother. The other peppers have more appeal to others and I can use them in more things for everyone. If I was forced to pick a 5th the tie would go to the biker billy as it is more versatile in my household. 

Hard to pick 5 but,

Bahamian Goat
Brainstrain, Red
Peach Bhut
Primo
Choc. Rennie

I'm growing a bunch of new stuff this year, so that list will probably change.

HillBilly Jeff said:
I thought about this the other day.  Decided to throw it out and see what happens.

Any particular order.

Fatalii
TS Yellow
7 Pot Burgundy
Mustard Habanero
Jigsaw

It sort of pains me to leave some of the other ones off the list, but if I had to only grow 5, these would have to be them.
I'm growing the 7 Pot Burgundy this year. I'm hoping the flavor and heat put this one right at the top of my superhot list. I've cut way back on growing supers and I'm trying to settle on a couple of favorites that I will grow on a regular basis. The Chocolate bhut is another super I'm growing this year with high expectations.

Shit... I also forgot the Yellow Scorpion... its another of my favs for its prolific production, awesome looking pods, milder-ish heat, and good flavor..... and i would also hate to ever leave out the Butch T, because it was the first super-hot I grew.... and every year I grow out some "large type of cayenne"... in the past my favorite was Pinocchio Cayenne, but it doesn't exist anymore.  :-(

Back