• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

food Nashville Hot Chicken

I got 3 tenders and a breast. I usually frequent popeyes for spicy chicken, haven't had KFC in 15 years. It was spicier than any other fast food chain chicken, nicely warm. Not to the heat that we would want, obviously they couldn't sell that. Not sure if the chicken is different, I just saw them use a squirt bottle to squirt an oily spice concoction on top. I preferred the breast over the tenders, but both were good. I'd buy it again before it goes away.
20160228_164821.jpg

20160228_174523_1.jpg

BigB said:
I got 3 tenders and a breast. I usually frequent popeyes for spicy chicken, haven't had KFC in 15 years. It was spicier than any other fast food chain chicken, nicely warm. Not to the heat that we would want, obviously they couldn't sell that. Not sure if the chicken is different, I just saw them use a squirt bottle to squirt an oily spice concoction on top. I preferred the breast over the tenders, but both were good. I'd buy it again before it goes away.
20160228_164821.jpg

20160228_174523_1.jpg
I live near Nashville and i absolutely love Nashville Hot chicken, in fact we had some Monday night at a local place here in Clarksville. I haven't had KFC's version and it may be pretty good.  If you are ever in Nashville go to Prince's or Pepperfire, best Hot chicken i've had. 

parker49 said:
I live near Nashville and i absolutely love Nashville Hot chicken, in fact we had some Monday night at a local place here in Clarksville. I haven't had KFC's version and it may be pretty good.  If you are ever in Nashville go to Prince's or Pepperfire, best Hot chicken i've had. 

I was at Muscle Shoals a few months back for my GF's family reunion. Really wanted to make the drive up there to try Princes but unfortunately I didn't really have the time to. Someone who use to work there a long time ago told me their trick is that they fry in lard

grantmichaels said:
Ahead of Hattie B's?

http://hattieb.com/
I haven't been to Hattie B's though i have heard good things about it.  I've been to Party Fowl, Pepperfire, Princes, Helens (in clarksville) and to me Pepperfire was the best.  I will have to try Hattie B's since it is one of the most famous along with Princes.

BigB said:

I was at Muscle Shoals a few months back for my GF's family reunion. Really wanted to make the drive up there to try Princes but unfortunately I didn't really have the time to. Someone who use to work there a long time ago told me their trick is that they fry in lard
Yeah it is worth it to try if you are ever in the area. I've been to Muscle Shoals but it's been awhile, can't even remember exactly where it is.  I imagine still 3 hours up to Nashville right?

Edit: Yeah i have heard that about the lard to, not sure if true.

parker49 said:
I haven't been to Hattie B's though i have heard good things about it.  I've been to Party Fowl, Pepperfire, Princes, Helens (in clarksville) and to me Pepperfire was the best.  I will have to try Hattie B's since it is one of the most famous along with Princes.

My cousin drove his family from Tampa to have Hattie B's ... was ridiculously good, from what they said on FB ...

grantmichaels said:

My cousin drove his family from Tampa to have Hattie B's ... was ridiculously good, from what they said on FB ...
Now i feel embarrassed that i only live 40 minutes away from Nashville and i haven't tried it  :P . First one i had was Princes and it was also ridiculously good since i had never had hot chicken.  It is in the middle of the ghetto in a little strip center but it was lined up out the door.  It had been on one of those food network shows so that may have had something to do with it. 

Yeah ... they loaded up and had lunch ... they beamed over it ...
parker49 said:
Now i feel embarrassed that i only live 40 minutes away from Nashville and i haven't tried it  :P . First one i had was Princes and it was also ridiculously good since i had never had hot chicken.  It is in the middle of the ghetto in a little strip center but it was lined up out the door.  It had been on one of those food network shows so that may have had something to do with it. 

Don't be embarrassed ... half the time I don't even shop my own groceries anymore, LOL ...

Three-quarter's, actually ...

I tried some for lunch at work. First time there in years. Nothing else around to eat. I didn't care for it at all. They just squirt some chili oil over regular chicken tenders and bone chicken. I had to take it back and get regular.

Their biscuits are good. Skip the artificial honey.

grantmichaels said:
Yeah ... they loaded up and had lunch ... they beamed over it ...

Don't be embarrassed ... half the time I don't even shop my own groceries anymore, LOL ...

Three-quarter's, actually ...
well i'm not real embarrassed just a little ;)

JayT said:
Two names I have heard over and over are Hattie B's and Princes.  Next time I am through that area I am having both.
Have you had Hot chicken before? If not it is definitely worth it.

parker49 said:
Yeah it is worth it to try if you are ever in the area. I've been to Muscle Shoals but it's been awhile, can't even remember exactly where it is.  I imagine still 3 hours up to Nashville right?

Edit: Yeah i have heard that about the lard to, not sure if true.
You reminded me of one of my favorite songs Sweet Home Alabama :)

Now Muscle Shoals has got the Swampers
And they've been known to pick a song or two
Lord they get me off so much
They pick me up when I'm feeling blue
Now how bout you?

We have 3 local chicken places here in Central Ohio, USA.  We have a KFC, Popeyes, and Church's Chicken.  Of the three places I prefer Church's Chicken because it tastes most like your standard Southern Fried Chicken. I usually get the spicy and its really good.  The spicy wont set any chiliheads mouth ablaze but I find it spicy enough to at least satisfy your spicy chicken craving, I would assume its just your standard Cayenne kick. 

As someone who enjoy's hot peppers and heat, every single piece of food I eat doesnt have to be blazened with intense heat to enjoy.  Sometimes I am ok with just spicy, and Church's Chicken delivers that!

http://www.churchs.com/menu.php

SavinaRed said:
You reminded me of one of my favorite songs Sweet Home Alabama :)

Now Muscle Shoals has got the Swampers
And they've been known to pick a song or two
Lord they get me off so much
They pick me up when I'm feeling blue
Now how bout you?
I was gonna like this but i just can't like anything Alabama  :rofl:

No offense to any Alabama folks of course  :P

Back