• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking How long the cock?

The Hott Dude

New Registrant
Hello, if I am to BBQ the full spatch cock, at 225 fahrenheit as I have read, how many minutes is this for? And as to when is the flip?

that temp seems way to low. I usally do mine in a cast iron pan i lay chicken in pan and place another heavy pan on top to force skin coloring and to crisp. turn reapeat then finish in a 400 deg oven till proper internal temp.
I use the same method on my grill your roasting the chicken to get crispy skin and tender meat. Are you marinating?
225 deg is a smoker temp dont smoke spatchcoked chickens they cook to quickly this method is for quick roasting birds :)
CHEERS

I always cook by internal temp not by time...chicken I aim for 165 in the breast and 175 in thigh or leg.

The Hott Dude said:
Hello, if I am to BBQ the full spatch cock, at 225 fahrenheit as I have read, how many minutes is this for? And as to when is the flip?
:shocked: :eek: :censored:

oldsalty said:
that temp seems way to low. I usally do mine in a cast iron pan i lay chicken in pan and place another heavy pan on top to force skin coloring and to crisp. turn reapeat then finish in a 400 deg oven till proper internal temp.
I use the same method on my grill your roasting the chicken to get crispy skin and tender meat. Are you marinating?
225 deg is a smoker temp dont smoke spatchcoked chickens they cook to quickly this method is for quick roasting birds :)
CHEERS
oh...... chicken...... :lol:

Scoville DeVille said:
(test it as close to the bone as possible)

beavis_and_butthead.png

Back