• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Healthy leaves turning gray/purple?

7b54d9b461925662de814ec1f85f994a.jpg

43f9d10ec2def056450feaf806f45939.jpg

It seems to happen mostly on the gourmet fatalii jigsaws, but it's happening on some if the other varieties as well. I don't know if it's some kind of sunburn, a deficiency, some sort of disease, or if it's perfectly fine.

Anyone have any insight into this?

Thanks

What's you get them in some natural light that should go away .

I wouldn't sweat it .

It has something to do with the plant not getting the premium UV's that can be lacking in some artificial lighting . 

resili626 said:
What chili is this? 
They're mixed up, but the ones in question are mostly gourmet fatalii jigsaws (not reapers as I mistakenly wrote).

tctenten said:
What kind of lighting do you have them under?
They're under 6500K CFL bulbs.

romy6 said:
 What's you get them in some natural light that should go away .

I wouldn't sweat it .

It has something to do with the plant not getting the premium UV's that can be lacking in some artificial lighting . 
I've got space to add other bulbs. Should I throw something else into there too? I've got 2700K smaller CFLs and a 3 blue, 9 red led bulb.

juanitos said:
they look just fine.
Thanks everyone. Just checking. It seems like with growing it's much easier to prevent a problem than trying to treat it after the fact.

Weird that you posted this...I have the same things happening to my plants under 6500k lights.  Guess I don't have to worry about it anymore!

SvtCobra said:
 Could be suntan. But some species have purple leaves or purple genes.
If it is suntan, is that detrimental?

I did notice it seems to affect the Jigsaws the most, so maybe they have purple colored leaves at this stage? Or maybe they're more prone to sunburn?

On a possible related note, I have Yellow Fatalli plants with leaves a big on the yellow side, but they're some of the best looking plants I have right now. I'm no longer over watering and they're getting ample light.

Umbra said:
If it is suntan, is that detrimental?

I did notice it seems to affect the Jigsaws the most, so maybe they have purple colored leaves at this stage? Or maybe they're more prone to sunburn?

On a possible related note, I have Yellow Fatalli plants with leaves a big on the yellow side, but they're some of the best looking plants I have right now. I'm no longer over watering and they're getting ample light.
   No it will not be detrimental. The suntan will go away once moved outside. My plants especially when they are young like that, get a tan from my intense LED's. It does nothing to the plant except change the leaf color. If concerned move the plant in question further from the light source. If outside under the sun place in partial shade.

Back