• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Grass Snake's 2016 grow

This year I'm growing some more common stuff that I can use in my cooking.
The fence is to keep my dog and other critters at bay. The bed was filled with a high-quality mix made with native soils. The brick I had lying around from when I reduced the size of my flower bed in front of my house.

Current grow list:
Beefsteak tomato
Roma tomato
Jalapeño pepper
Shishito pepper
Green bell pepper
Texas sweet onions
Cilantro

I wanna add a Cayenne type pepper, garlic and some Culantro real soon.

Looking great plant out here want be till the second week of may first week for harding off.
I like your beds sowed a lot of flowers seeds may have to sow some more due to feral cats & brids we will see.
What kind of marigolds are they?

Plantguy76 said:
Looking great plant out here want be till the second week of may first week for harding off.
I like your beds sowed a lot of flowers seeds may have to sow some more due to feral cats & brids we will see.
What kind of marigolds are they?
French marigolds sold as a "Safari mix"
might be African with a name like "Safari mix" not sure though

Things are starting to look brighter for my garden. For a while, growth was really slow but I think it's because I didn't amend a proper soil so I started adding coffee grinds and a dose a miracle grow. I just bought some fish fert and hope to get good results. I also started some Chipilin plants and put them in pots, for a total of 12. Thinking of selling when they get a foot tall. Should go fast because they are highly sought after by Central Americans.
The Cilantro bolted long ago but still welcome in the garden. Planted the Penta just to keep it alive, it was gonna die in the nursery container. The Onions aren't as big as they should, I suspect they are too deep. Peppers are starting to give me pods, finally, but still small. On that table I have, Lemon balm, Petunias, Celosia. Two questions: 1. What is the plant in the last picture? 2. Is Marigolds OK next to onions? Hopefully someone can answer.

Decided to become a Shitakke farmer. If all goes well, in a year I'll be eating some fine mushrooms. The wood is a mix of Pecan and Live oak, both of which have not been mentioned for growing Shitakke, but they are both hardwoods, so it's probably worth a shot. Buying spawn was an option but an expensive one, so I decided on the spore bath method for inoculation using mushrooms bought locally. I also threw some stem pieces into bags of shredded hardwood Mulch to see if mycelium will gro. Didn't sterilize nothing just having fun and hoping for the best.

Attachments

• 20161007_164007.jpg
    20161007_164007.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 41
  • 20161007_164228.jpg
    20161007_164228.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 47
Grass Snake said:
Well this is interesting. I didn't wanna believe but Celery sure does grow back and fast too. Almost pointless to start from seed. Wonder what else I can start like this.

Lettuce will do the same thing.   Happens in my compost
bin all the time, unless I quarter the cut-off bottom first.

Back