• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

review Review Ivory Pear Tomato & Sweet Cayenne Pepper

I agree with hogleg i like your chill out reviews :) nice contrast from all the people yelling stuff in their reviews, id suggest getting a microphone and not a headset for the future.

hogleg said:
Reviews are getting better keep up the good work. I highly recommend growing Sun Sugar for your next cherry type tomato. The footage and pics of the plants was a nice touch.
Thank you hogleg, working on trying to make it better.  I am going to grow the Honeydrop Cherry Tomato which is selected from the sun sugar tomato.    Thank you!
Chilima said:
I agree with hogleg i like your chill out reviews :) nice contrast from all the people yelling stuff in their reviews, id suggest getting a microphone and not a headset for the future.
Good advice.  I'll look into that.

Chilima said:
yes the mic wood look more relaxed. Looks like your going to play Battlefield :) Also try to tighten up the lenght a little. but otherwise was very enjoyable. And it looks like you are a tom lover now!! haha

hogleg said:
Reviews are getting better keep up the good work. I highly recommend growing Sun Sugar for your next cherry type tomato. The footage and pics of the plants was a nice touch.
Nice brother are Sun Sugar pretty desiese tolerent. looking for a good cherry tom this year. sorry post Pirate aaarrrrrr :) Keep Up The Good Work!!

Great advice everybody.  I think i'll do the next one in a different location with a laptop and use the laptops camera and Mic (but I need to test them to see how they are doing). Yeah this setup isn't the best for it, but i'll find a way to set it up better in the future.  This one was rushed since the items were ripe and I was at work and my phone could have rung at any moment and ruined the film.

Good review but I really think those are not cayenne peppers....there should be some heat and they do look fairly large.....I think those could be Crimson Reds...like these ones I just fermented...they are very mild but tons of flavor.
I could be wrong but cayenne peppers should pack some heat.
IMG_3653.jpg

Sizzle Lips said:
Good review but I really think those are not cayenne peppers....there should be some heat and they do look fairly large.....I think those could be Crimson Reds...like these ones I just fermented...they are very mild but tons of flavor.
I could be wrong but cayenne peppers should pack some heat.

Aloha Sizzle Lips, I got the seeds for the Sweet Cayenne here:  http://www.tradewindsfruit.com/sweet-cayenne-pepper-seeds

Now that I see your link to those seeds I can see I was wrong...........again..lol.....I have never heard of sweet cayenne....I bet those peppers would make for some tasty powder.....be nice to add into a bbq rub.

Ha-!! Take a newbie with a gift for reviewing peppers... and burden him with the low capsaicinoid tolerance of a newbie...

... and he reviews sweet (non-pungent) peppers and tomatoes while he acclimates himself to the hot stuff !! There's no keeping down a fool that doesn't know when to stop !!

You asked for recommendations for seed sources...
...with your (Hawaiian) climate, i would recomment everything i can't grow here...
...try some of the Capsicum baccatums from Pepperlover.com - particularly some of the milder/sweeter types... Brazilian Starfish comes to mind immediately, but there are some others with lesser heat and intensely fruity flavors listed.

...Semillas La Palma is another great source of C. baccatums... i haven't seen anybody review any of them here. You may have to fill out some paperwork on import permits to purchase seed from this firm, since they are not American... for your first foray into the exploration of C. baccatums, Pepperlover.com probably offers all the selection you need.

I look forward to your next review.

Back