• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

PRIMO x PEACH JAYS G/S PEPPER

Hello my friends , just curious , has anyone grown out the primo x peach jays g /s last year ? how was the heat and flavor ?   any pics of them ? 

thanks ,, f

I'd be interested in this as well! Never have seen pics of this version. I was planning on trying to grow a Primo x RED (not peach) Jay's Ghost Scorpion this year... but seeds never made it/got misplaced in the mail... TWICE! (strange, but mail is the crappers these days.)

Both the Primo's and Jay's Peach Ghost Scorpion are beasts, so I'd imagine it would be one killer of a cross!  :twisted:

yes I have, shurburn is as well right now. this is the only pic i have of it.

PRvSQia.jpg

and his pic

Mdjsp1V.jpg

I grew them last year. Mine looked like Pexs' but much smaller. Little runts. Grew 2 plants. Can't remember who I got seeds from. Didn't take pics because they weren't much to see. Mine tasted like your average ghost level heat pepper. Not growing again. Wish mine looked like the ones Pex posted. But hey, probably still unstable so to be expected.

I am growing California Reaper (reaper x peach jays g /s) this year and would love to grow Primo cross side by side.  Kind of late to get started on the primo cross, but if anyone has a seed hook up I'd love the experiment.  BTW: Had to grow the California Reaper cause the name is too funny.  Kind of reminds me of a Beach Boy song.

ajdrew said:
I am growing California Reaper (reaper x peach jays g /s) this year and would love to grow Primo cross side by side.  Kind of late to get started on the primo cross, but if anyone has a seed hook up I'd love the experiment.  BTW: Had to grow the California Reaper cause the name is too funny.  Kind of reminds me of a Beach Boy song.
I am thinking it is more of a Beach Boys x Blue Oyster Cult song...

ajdrew said:
 I bought into the California Reaper as well. The pods looked cool and I like almost any Jay's Peach Cross. Should be interesting to see what I get. My cali reaper is working on its 4th set of true leaves.

SvtCobra, glad to see someone else not afraid of new things.  As new as both parents are, I gotta figure the thing is wildly undstable.. but kind of think that is part of the fun.  So many folk shun unstable new variety, no clue why, they are missing the fun part.

RalphTheChilihead said:
Where can I find seeds for these?
I have one plant growing right now. If you are within the states, I can hook you up with some seeds at the end of the season.
My seeds were originally sourced from Fgpepperguy.

ajdrew said:
SvtCobra, glad to see someone else not afraid of new things.  As new as both parents are, I gotta figure the thing is wildly undstable.. but kind of think that is part of the fun.  So many folk shun unstable new variety, no clue why, they are missing the fun part.
In my case, it's simple logistics. Wouldn't want to get a good pheno only to find I lack the space to breed for it now would I?

Back