• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

The Fire of Nil's Indoor Jungle

So, this year, for some reason I have this strange urge to grow more. This urge isn't limited to 1 or 2 new plants even though I live and grow in a small apartment, this is the type of urge that will make my soon to be wife question my sanity (not that she hasn't already). The following peppers will have some form of real estate in my apartment (the anuums will be outside to be fair, but that is 'cuz they like to be annuals anyways).

Unstable Hybrid (year 2 woo) ✓ 3 Gallon Soil
Peach Bhut ✓ 7 Gallon Soil
Tomato Pepper ✓ 3 Gallon Soil
Farmers Jalapeño ✓ Hydroponic, 2x 1 Gallon soil
Tekne Dolması ✓ 3 Gallon Soil, 1 Gallon soil
Costa Rican Yellow ✓ 7 Gallon Soil
Chocolate Brain Strain ✓ Hydroponic
7 Pot Jonah ✓ Hydroponic, 3x 3 Gallon soil
Peach Ghost Scorpion ✓ Hydroponic
CGN 22091 ✓ Hydroponic
Aji Dulce ✓ Hydroponic
Fatalii ✓ 7 Gallon Soil, 2x 1 Gallon soil
Infinity ✓ Hydroponic
Poblano
SB7J ✓ Hydroponic

And a lot of other plants outside I never was able to find homes for... total of 29 plants...

Of course I will update with pictures as the time passes.

What's a few indoor house plants? 

Anywho, I thought the subject of you came up with was for a bottled hot sauce idea!!  hahaha. You heard it here first!

The Fire of Nil's Indoor Jungle :hotsauce: :hotsauce: :hotsauce: :hotsauce: :hotsauce:

There you go Chiltepin, you found me out!

Now I'll have to redesign the label entirely!

@Glen - Peach Ghost Scorpions are deliciousness and I am very much looking forward to having a plant of my own.

Question for anyone who may have experience, is prepping your seeds for germination in Hydrogen Peroxide solution as effective as chamomile tea?

It begins... planted all seeds after a short tea soak. Still waiting on Tekne Dolmasi, Farmers Jalapeño, Tomato Pepper and Costa Rican Yellow seeds.

seed%2Btray.png

Great news! The rest of my varieties arrived and are currently soaking in tea (helps give them that refined UK accent) and not 1, not 2, not 3... but ~*~4~*~ varieties have hooks only 3 days after planting (I thought it was 5 but I took pics the night of and posted them... apparently 3 days).

Best germ rate yet on any seeding I've done - and with Chinense!?

gallery_11225_192_48910.jpg

This pic is actually from the day I was excited about all the seeds germinating on the 24th, never uploaded it, but that is all my CGN seeds exploding at once.

gallery_11225_192_41915.jpg

Getting set, almost all ready, just waiting on growth. Peach Ghost Scorpions and CGN 22091s given some more space/inclination to root out by the tray.

Going on the 9th day, first sign of true leaves on CGN's (too small to photo quite yet). And last couple varieties showing hooks, the slowest so far have been the annuums and my one pubescens. all the chinenses have been growing like weeds. Added rapidstart by general hydroponics to the water mix for the transplanted seedlings.

That's a good sized grow tent! Looking forward to watching the progress. Do you plan on keeping the non-annum plants inside the tent the entire time without any natural sunlight? Just curious...

Maligator said:
That's a good sized grow tent! Looking forward to watching the progress. Do you plan on keeping the non-annum plants inside the tent the entire time without any natural sunlight? Just curious...
Yes, 7 of my chinense's and the Farmer's Jalapeño will be indoor, others will start indoors and move outside.

Update: All varieties have been put in solo cups save a few late hooks and the pubescens which is taking it's time throwing hooks, I think I see some disruption in the plugs though to I expect those hooks this weekend.
Most of the varieties that hooked early between days 3-7 are starting their first set of true leaves.

gallery_11225_192_138832.jpg

I'd like to note, that I've PH balanced all watering I've done and the root development in the plugs and the seedlings have all been extremely healthy. The only seedlings I've culled were so the dominant plants could have their space - none have been culled from dying or stressed seedlings.

I also am running the tent on 24/7 light cycle, which both the old plant in the back and the seedlings seem to enjoy a good amount. Peppers do not have diurnal and nocturnal growth periods (they just grow), so the increased access to light is just more resources they have.

Nice looking grow. I tend to run my lights 24/7 for the first few weeks as well. Then I switch over to 18/6 after 5 to 7 weeks. It's worked great so far.

What's the make and wattage of the LED you're using?

That is a big grow tent.

Neil

Back