• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Too late in KY to start?

Grow room full.  Green house empty.  Figure in a week or two, opposite will be true.  Thinking about starting a new round in the grow room when I empty it out.  What do you think?  Too late for start new super hots?

Happy spring I'm way north of you and I'm starting my last round of seeds today, mostly ornamentals and eaters but a few supers mixed in. Best plant I ever had was my first year growing super hots, I started seeds March 21. Plants were 6ft tall at the end of the year, late harvest but a huge one. The only drawback is instead of a few harvests you really only get one large one at very end of season, at least here.

I'm going to sow seeds for nearly my complete grow over the next few days. If I start many too soon I run out of space inside before it's warm enough to put any out.

i just sowed a few more trays...  go for it

they catch up to the early starts by end of july it seems like.

ajdrew said:
Grow room full.  Green house empty.  Figure in a week or two, opposite will be true.  Thinking about starting a new round in the grow room when I empty it out.  What do you think?  Too late for start new super hots?

nope ,  keep a piece plexi _ glass between the seedlings and a heat mat , and they'll catch up !    good to see your feeling better my friend ,      :onfire:

If you have a greenhouse ,you will have an extended season, right?
Then it is certainly not to late.
Enjoy!

Karoo, ye but also want jump on season so the high tunnel will get planted out.  Its not a container grow in there. 

Back