• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Naranjillas 2016

(Solanum quitoense) A really unique fruit from the Andes; delicious sweet and sour taste, orange flavor; 2" fruit are round and yellow-orange in color, perfect for making delicious juice. In 1760, Mr. J. de Santa Gertrudis Siera called it "Nectar of the gods" and "the most delicious that I have tasted in the world." This plant takes at least 6 months to bear and is quite attractive as a potted plant.

Anyone else growing them this year ..or has had experience growing them..any ideas for would be great..

I remember thinking about getting some of those once, but I don't think I followed through.  I'll be starting tomatoes in a day or so and will look more closely then.  Looks and reads like an interesting plant.  The leaves bear a passing resemblance to Datura.

This was about a month ago

KV0Wlxs.jpg

I think I sowed my seeds in Feb 17... the first two are the same plant but different times.. the one in the pot, I noticed hs flower buds already. So who knows :) gonna be hot the next 2 weeks (90s) excited

Definitely scary. I moved them away from the front door and pur bhuts there. Don't want the kids touching them.

Back