• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Strawberry pepper sauce

Make sauce out of that? :confused:

WIN_20160406_150522.jpg

Indeed you can. Some lemon would go nice to brighten up the fruit and balance it with acid, vinegar of course too but with fruit both are nice.

Roasted garlic, roast the peppers , roast the onion, I'd probably use more garlic.

I'd use a milder vinegar if you use vinegar. Something like rice, white wine or apple cider vinegar. I'd use a sweetener. Maybe a little honey or agave nectar. Shoot, you could use sugar but I'd stay away from white granulated. If using sugar use brown.

Oh and when I roast things like peppers, I leave the char on. Some people will take the skin off the peppers but I don't.

You could definitely use those red bells but I use dulcettas. Sweeter and better tasting in my opinion.

Boss man says lemon but I prefer lime.

Oh okay. I thought you were averse to white granulated.

Turbinado sugar is a good less refined sugar that tastes a bit like brown.

Honestly with a fruit sauce you probably do not need any. I like sweet and savory sauces, over sweet don't get much use, maybe on ice cream once in a blue moon.

Twerk lol.

Great looking sauce portveyn!  

THP member beerbreath makes a fermented hot sauce with strawberries that is straight bomb.  He sent me a bottle a year or so ago, was gone in about a week.  I still miss that sauce lol.  :)

The sauce tastes great! Starts with mild sweetness and smooth, yet pronounced strawberry flavor.
Then the heat comes!!

Thank you for your suggestions folks! 
Will try to ferment it sometime.

Shorerider, I just made something similar recently too. No need to send it, I'm sure it tastes great! :)

Back