• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce CHAR MAN BRAND "ORIGINAL" HOT SAUCE!!!

Thanks Steve!

Char Man is local to me.  I have tried the original recipe and as you mentioned it is balanced, not too hot and has decent flavor.  The sauces have been showing up at local purveyors like our butcher shop.  Unfortunately, I haven't run into the owner, Steve.  He lives in Ojai, CA about 10 miles up the road.  Home of CHAR MAN!

Great idea to incorporate local folklore into his products.  As to the label, Char Man.  Here is a blurb from the web:

"Possibly the most famous ghost in town is known as “Charman.” The grotesque spirit wasn’t the victim of some horrible barbeque accident, but accounts seem to differ on whether he perished in a great brushfire in 1948, a downed plane, or a car crash. Stories about the figure, its skin hanging in cooked strips from its skull and reeking of burning flesh, have been told in the valley since the early 1960s. The apparition has been sighted numerous times near or on the Creek Road bridge, a few miles south of town near Camp Comfort County park. He is said to startle anyone who dares to walk the road at night, and reportedly tore the leather jacket off of one terrified witness in the 1950s." -- www.weirdus.com

Enjoy, Char Man responsibly!

Jim

Awesome.  I've found the best sauces by word of mouth.   Nice to find more balanced sauces as well, and not another bottle of AssBlaster2000. 

Back