You can select multiple but please select what you would most like to see. I'm just getting a feel for some areas that could be expanded upon. A database could feature things like alphabetical indexing, search, member reviews as wells as non-review comments (two tabs), pictures, etc. Each database can have its own categories, etc.
1. Pepper database. A database of pepper varieties with detailed information, SHU, pics, etc.
2. Recipe database. A database of some of the best recipes by members here categorized by foods type etc. This one particularly interests me. One place to view all the great stuff with pictures and exact measurements, steps, and you can review them, etc.
3. Hot sauce (products) database. A database of commercial hot sauces and products that you can review. Mainstream and boutique.
4. Vendor database. This would be for reviewing the vendor and not the product. It would consist of member companies as well as non-member companies, website info, addresses if applicable, etc.
5. Restaurant database. A database of restaurants with spicy foods fit for chiliheads with maps, reviews, etc.
Some of these databases can have editors that are trusted members to add or edit information. There can also be user submissions that would need approval.
All of these would take a lot of work and constant maintenance so I am wondering what interests you? For me, restaurants not so much, hot sauces, a lot of upkeep and often the smaller manufacturers don't last. Peppers, a lot of upkeep but would be a great resource. Recipes would be a nice interactive/social database for THP. Vendor database could be good. A lot of work so looking for the top ones for you and we'll see how the poll goes!
Thanks for your input!