•  

The 10th Annual Hot Pepper Awards Winners Announced!

Photo

ATTN members! What databases would you like to see on THP?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

Poll: What interests you? (70 member(s) have cast votes)

Please choose what interests you THE MOST!

1. Pepper database (61 votes [42.36%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.36%

2. Recipe database (44 votes [30.56%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 30.56%

3. Hot sauce (products) database (17 votes [11.81%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.81%

4. Vendor database (20 votes [13.89%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.89%

5. Restaurant database (2 votes [1.39%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.39%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 hogleg

hogleg

On Fire!

• Extreme
  • 8,025 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 04:04 PM

Yeah!

What about a hhwiskey database?

What the hael is a "d a t a b a s e" anyway? :rofl:

There, here is the whole hhWiskey datta base.

yhst-128588312714207_2229_66890680.jpg

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

#1A Guest

• Pip
  • 1 post

#42 Scoville DeVille

Scoville DeVille

On Fire!

• Extreme
  • 16,259 posts
  • aka:Scovie. Molé King. Sofa King...
  • Location:Middle of the top of the upper left corner of the lower 48
  • (x7)

Posted 09 April 2016 - 08:09 PM

I just licked my screen.

And then licked it again.

You asshole. :rofl:

#43 Plantguy76

Plantguy76

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 958 posts
  • aka:Plantguy

Posted 10 April 2016 - 12:53 AM

You can select multiple but please select what you would most like to see. I'm just getting a feel for some areas that could be expanded upon. A database could feature things like alphabetical indexing, search, member reviews as wells as non-review comments (two tabs), pictures, etc. Each database can have its own categories, etc.

1. Pepper database. A database of pepper varieties with detailed information, SHU, pics, etc.
2. Recipe database. A database of some of the best recipes by members here categorized by foods type etc. This one particularly interests me. One place to view all the great stuff with pictures and exact measurements, steps, and you can review them, etc.
3. Hot sauce (products) database. A database of commercial hot sauces and products that you can review. Mainstream and boutique.
4. Vendor database. This would be for reviewing the vendor and not the product. It would consist of member companies as well as non-member companies, website info, addresses if applicable, etc.
5. Restaurant database. A database of restaurants with spicy foods fit for chiliheads with maps, reviews, etc.

Some of these databases can have editors that are trusted members to add or edit information. There can also be user submissions that would need approval.

All of these would take a lot of work and constant maintenance so I am wondering what interests you? For me, restaurants not so much, hot sauces, a lot of upkeep and often the smaller manufacturers don't last. Peppers, a lot of upkeep but would be a great resource. Recipes would be a nice interactive/social database for THP. Vendor database could be good. A lot of work so looking for the top ones for you and we'll see how the poll goes!

Thanks for your input!

I like the ideal of a pepper data base & recipe data base along with the vender data base
I think all 3 of those would be helpful but as you said alot of work as well but nothing worth having is easy.
Sincerely your friend Plantguy76

#44 Psychographic

Psychographic

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 02:49 PM

As someone who is new to all these great peppers I'm reading about on THP, I would like to see a database listed by heat ranges. Maybe 5-6 categories ranging from super hots to mild would make searching for a good pepper choice fairly easy. As a second choice it would be recipes. Again I would like to see categories such as meat, poultry, veggie, and so on.

#45 salsalady

salsalady

On Fire!

• Extreme Biz
  • 12,661 posts
  • aka:SL, HSL
  • (x8)

Posted 10 April 2016 - 04:17 PM

There, here is the whole hhWiskey datta base.

yhst-128588312714207_2229_66890680.jpg

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

I just licked my screen.

And then licked it again.

You asshole. :rofl:

yea,but what happened when you tipped your iPoop up on it's corner over your glass?  

:rofl:

PureEvilProducts

The Chile Addict's prayer-"Lord, grant me the wisdom to know it will be too hot, the courage to eat it anyway, and the serenity to accept the pain that follows. Amen"

PepperPeopleRock! 

#46 Dalia222

Dalia222

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 03:09 PM

A pepper database would be my personal first choice, vendor database would be second.  :D

:fireball:  :fireball:  :fireball:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users