• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Mushrooms in a sauce?

Is there any reason why I couldn't grill some mushrooms and put them in a sauce? Could I do this and add them to ferment?

Would mushrooms even add anything since they are mostly water?

I think they would add plenty to a sauce depending on quantity and what you are making - probably not so good for a fruit sauce :confused: .  Big, rich earthy flavours are what they will contribute. Thinking as a fire roasted habanero sauce addition they could be interesting..

Austin, I don't know how you roll, but Rocketman is the utmost authority on unique fermented sauces. 

I could imagine him making a "Phillly" sauce with all of the toppings of a cheese steak...onions, different kinds of peppers, mushrooms....
Maybe with a little Philadelpiha beer in it to boot!! 

Damn, RM, do this!! 

frydad4 said:
Austin, I don't know how you roll, but Rocketman is the utmost authority on unique fermented sauces. 
I could imagine him making a "Phillly" sauce with all of the toppings of a cheese steak...onions, different kinds of peppers, mushrooms....
Maybe with a little Philadelpiha beer in it to boot!! 

Damn, RM, do this!! 
I have been challenged, away to the Skunkworks to begin research, Bwahahahahaha!

Back