• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Do you like Pepper in your beer?

Flying Dog has a new Heat series coming out that has me very interested. Theyve done a few hot pepper beers in the past, Sriacha Pale Ale, Fever Dream(mango habanero), and Naughty(belgian strong dark with habanero, orange peel, coriander) to name a few. But this Carolina Reaper Peach IPA has me very curious! I just picked up a 6 of Oaked Chipotle Ale, will have one later today.

http://flyingdogbrewery.com/were-bringing-the-heat/

mm Craft Beer.

I like spicy cocktails more than spicy beers, but the way I drink is I like to try different stuff. If I'm out at one of my local joints that changes taps weekly, I tend to get different pints each beer, so it would be in the lineup, sure.

I've enjoyed a habanero hard cider and would buy that again.  I've tried a few other spicy/habanero/chipotle beers or wine but would only go back for the habanero cider.  

The Mango Habanero beer sounds interesting as I like heferweisen and such.  The Sriracha-flavored beer just doesn't sound like it would taste good, but you never know until you try it.  It's good that makers are looking to add spicy things to their beer/drink lists. 

The Hot Pepper said:
I like spicy cocktails more than spicy beers, but the way I drink is I like to try different stuff. If I'm out at one of my local joints that changes taps weekly, I tend to get different pints each beer, so it would be in the lineup, sure.
I have the problem of having to try almost everything. The app Untappd has really 'helped' that problem. I dont like Sours or Tarts, and Belgian Quads *usually* dont like me, but everything else I enjoy.

I tried the Oaked Chipotle Ale and that was fantastic. Nice oak smoke flavor with the chipotle coming in right at the end of the smoke note, finishing it smooth with a warm feeling.

salsalady said:
I've enjoyed a habanero hard cider and would buy that again.  I've tried a few other spicy/habanero/chipotle beers or wine but would only go back for the habanero cider.  

The Mango Habanero beer sounds interesting as I like heferweisen and such.  The Sriracha-flavored beer just doesn't sound like it would taste good, but you never know until you try it.  It's good that makers are looking to add spicy things to their beer/drink lists. 
The Sriracha Ale did sit in the fridge for awhile, cant lie. 100% agree with brewers adding hot peppers into their brews is a good thing, as is with any off norm ingredients. Dogfish Head is a good example of that.

Justaguy said:
I like to take a fresh yellow7 to the bar with me and request my glass before they pour my lager, then put a slice or chunk in it.
Can you taste it that fast? In vodka it takes 1week to get any good flavor, 2 for full flavor.

I put hot stuff on almost everything - but do not enjoy it in beer, ice cream or maybe cold cereal. While the spicey beer thing isn't for me, I enjoy eating spicey food while drinking cold brew.

Spicy Mushroom said:
I've never tried the Carolina Reaper, but I cherish both peaches and IPA. Particularly double/imperial IPA.
The Carolina Reaper has great flavor for a superhot, but are just way too hot! I have a 3 year old Reaper plant(tree) that I grow just for the novelty, but I would never suggest to anyone to eat one, lol! If they could capture the essence of the Reaper flavor, with just a bit of heat amd the right hops, it might be pretty tasty. I'll definitely be looking for that one when it comes out later this year. I've been thinking of brewing a rocoto saison, but I need to wait to get more fresh rocoto pods in a few months.

Thegreenchilemonster said:
The Carolina Reaper has great flavor for a superhot, but are just way too hot! I have a 3 year old Reaper plant(tree) that I grow just for the novelty, but I would never suggest to anyone to eat one, lol! If they could capture the essence of the Reaper flavor, with just a bit of heat amd the right hops, it might be pretty tasty. I'll definitely be looking for that one when it comes out later this year. I've been thinking of brewing a rocoto saison, but I need to wait to get more fresh rocoto pods in a few months.
I'm just starting out brewing, waiting for my 5th batch to finish up in the bottles. Attempted Triple IPA because why not, we'll see what its all about in a week. One day I want/hope to figure out how to incorporate zee pehpahs! One of the reasons a friend and I started brewing in the first place.

Brocoli said:
I'm just starting out brewing, waiting for my 5th batch to finish up in the bottles. Attempted Triple IPA because why not, we'll see what its all about in a week. One day I want/hope to figure out how to incorporate zee pehpahs! One of the reasons a friend and I started brewing in the first place.
My step dad puts dried NM green chiles in a hop bag, and puts the bag into the secondary. Kind of like dry hopping, but with peppers. It actually adds a really nice flavor and heat to the brew.

Back