• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Does anyone else feel stalled due to weather?

There is lots to do that does not involve moving things outside, but kind of feel stalled.  The weather is being so fickle, going from warm to freeze.  It gives a person pause to believe the last frost dates.  Still a ways away, but I am not even sure I should trust moving things into mini green houses.  Usually this time of the year, I would be hardening off under translucent plastic or putting trays out by day.  This year, oh hell it snowed yesterday.

Same here, an inch of snow yesterday but it's supposed to break 60F highs on Thurs and then warmer still with no more frost, except I never trust the weather forecast more than a couple days out.

Yeah, this spring is weird. The other day my neighbor was mowing his lawn on a bright sunny day. Then WHAM whiteout snowfall. Windy as hell with snow blowing down the street. It looked like January. Ten minutes later, the sun was back out like it never happened. Oh well, you know what they say about March (or April or whatever). In like a lamb, out like bipolar disorder. 
     Last night it got down to 22F. I had to mulch my peas. My PEAS!!!!! (Five exclamation points!) I've never had to do that before. I'm betting this summer will either bring record heat again or it won't break 70 until November.

We had a dusting of snow both yesterday morning and again this morning.

But, for me, not really.

Still about 6 or 7 weeks from plant-out.

It sounds like it is just us folk in the same general area: Hybrid (IL), Dave (OH) and me (KY) that are getting it this close to last frost.  We have a possible freeze one day this week, day before is 50s, day after is low 60s.  Thing is, cant trust the weather report.  Inside warming up and today was supposed to be one of those 60s.  It is global Weirdening I tell you.

I had to bring everything in last night because it dropped down to 40. And I'm in Southern GA... Luckily I didn't plant them like I had planned on this weekend. Laziness FTW!

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

I am in Charleston, SC for goodness sake and I had to bring the jungle in last night. We hit 39.

Going out of state for a week leaving others to care for my plants, think I will leave the true tropical ones inside till I get back lol.

You are a braver person than me.  I get the shakes when ever I have to go away.  Nobody here has anything but a black thumb.  Last time the ER said they had to admit me, I argued: But my plants.

ajdrew said:
You are a braver person than me.  I get the shakes when ever I have to go away.  Nobody here has anything but a black thumb.  Last time the ER said they had to admit me, I argued: But my plants.
I am luck that the person taking care of them, while not great with plants, follows direction well :)
He is a bit obsessive at times so will follow my list without fail. This is good as long as all is going as expected. Something comes up, who knows.
I also try to leave as detailed care instructions as I can. You going into the hospital was not good for leaving detailed instructions.

Heck, even here in Aridzona, the cool nights have been keeping my plants from growing well.

It's always so tempting to start a bunch of seeds during a typical February warm spell, but w/o a grow-room the sprouts don't do much 'till April.

Ever heard of chemtrails? If you want to know what's going on with the weather, check out geoengineeringwatch.org. The weather is being purposely modified.  

This is not some hare brained conspiracy theory, so hold the eye rolling please. I've got hundreds of pics taken over the past few weeks in northeast Alabama that prove it. How does one upload pictures on here? 

You can add Michigan to that list. Snowed again today. The interweb has last frost at May 10ish.. I hope that is the case. My 2 "house plants" are doing great, but the sooner I can start hardening off the rest the better.

gladius said:
Ever heard of chemtrails? If you want to know what's going on with the weather, check out geoengineeringwatch.org. The weather is being purposely modified.  

This is not some hare brained conspiracy theory, so hold the eye rolling please. I've got hundreds of pics taken over the past few weeks in northeast Alabama that prove it. How does one upload pictures on here? 

Rickman.gif

It's a good thing we discovered Chemtrails when we did.  Without, we might have lost WW2!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jo6rgrnY6TU

Geonerd, that film is from Youtube.  Everyone knows Youtube is a dissemenation point for disinformation created by the Intergalactic Lizard people who really run the world.

This is the third year I'm actually growing from seed, always bought plants. My seedlings are so much farther ahead than the last two years, it's nuts. I NEED to get them out, but the weather...

Is there any way to upload photos from this site, or should I create an account somewhere? Careful not to wedge your foot too far in your mouth before you've had a chance to examine the evidence. When you see what's been going on in the skies of northeast Alabama for the past few weeks you will be shitting bricks.

It's nothing new....they've been doing this stuff since WW2 when they tried to weaponize weather modification to use against the enemy. In fact, that video you so helpfully provided (thank you) is a perfect example of an early cloud seeding experiment, isn't it?

http://thelastgreatstand.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Chem-Trails.jpg

Really, the more one learns about how the world actually works, and the extremely disturbing things that are happening in plain sight that people try to excuse and justify and rationalize as normal when it is clearly abnormal, the more one begins to wonder just how humanity managed to survive as long as it has, and if there's any possibility for this herd of overgrown apes to actually survive the nuclear age. 

Back