labels 1.7 oz. woozy bottle label sheets?

Recently rethinking the 5 oz. woozys for the sauce-game and I'm wondering if anyone currently or has printed labels for 1.7 oz. woozys and what a good size for the label sheets would be?

No help with labels but now seeing in my mind tiny hot sauce bottles with the nuclear hazard symbol on it.  Maybe packaged with plastic tongs like scientists use when handling something very dangerous.  My brain works odd.

Not so odd AJDrew, my mind pictured an exploding volcano and a pair of welders gloves. 5 oz. is too big for serious puree.
I just need to find a source that won't charge me 5 to10x the cost of the bottles for shipping to me.

Hawaiianero said:
I just need to find a source that won't charge me 5 to10x the cost of the bottles for shipping to me.

If you can find suppliers in central KY, I would be glad to pick up and send in flat rate boxes.  I would offer to have you ship things here and then repackage, but I doubt that would save you money.  I am often in Frankfort, Louisville, Lexington, and other places.  Wouldnt be a bother.

fillmorecontainer.com has em man... and i was going to check a couple more places and price compare, they are expensive however in making my sauce i realize that its not being treated as special as it is and the 1.7s will definitely say Hello, hi its me the best of the best you only need a couple drops
Hawaiianero said:
Where do you find the 1.7oz woozys?
And in looking for the sheets i know that we can design custom with the correct size, but having never dealt with that before Im hoping someone can enlighten me on some that have been done already. Otherwise Id really have to get mathematical and Im a writer type.

ajdrew said:
No help with labels but now seeing in my mind tiny hot sauce bottles with the nuclear hazard symbol on it.  Maybe packaged with plastic tongs like scientists use when handling something very dangerous.  My brain works odd.

Your brain works fine man, that sounds very dope good idea. The possibilities are endless and wonderful.

ajdrew said:

If you can find suppliers in central KY, I would be glad to pick up and send in flat rate boxes.  I would offer to have you ship things here and then repackage, but I doubt that would save you money.  I am often in Frankfort, Louisville, Lexington, and other places.  Wouldnt be a bother.
Thanks for the offer, really appreciate it but you're right, after all is said and done the savings wouldn't be that great. I have a son in Seattle ans we tried that route but it didn't seem to be worth the effort. Sorry for hijacking your thread H&H, we can now return to regular programming :dance:

Avery has some 1" x 1.5" or so labels, 30 per page.  This is a good size for the 1.7oz bottles for home printing or print shop printing.  If you get to the point of needing some professionally printed labels,  they have thousands of dies, and can pretty much print any size you want down to 16th of an inch increments. 

Personally, the 1.7's are a pita to deal with and I only find they work for something with a water consistency, and maybe for samples.  But for the headache of dealing with those smaller bottles, I wouldn't try to send out normal sauce samples in 'em

For things like Purees...THESE work good!  Wider mouth, easy fill...2 oz...  I believe they are available with a metal lid that can be pressure canned or BWB for those that are concerned. 

These are 1.5 oz with the metal lids-

Hexagon 2 oz-

Tall Straight 8oz-

Many other options depending on the companies.  Also, if you find a jar you like but don't see a matching lid on the website, call the company! 

Good Luck~

SL

I think it was Salsalady who once sent a puree sample in a hexagon bottle.  It presented very well.  In fact, I think a thick puree would work much better in a wide mouth than a woozy.  Folk can spoon it out.

Several folks have been packaging puree in the wider mouthed jars....I had some like that.

The wider mouth makesvit so much easier to spoon out.

salsalady said:
Avery has some 1" x 1.5" or so labels, 30 per page.  This is a good size for the 1.7oz bottles for home printing or print shop printing.  If you get to the point of needing some professionally printed labels,  they have thousands of dies, and can pretty much print any size you want down to 16th of an inch increments. 

Personally, the 1.7's are a pita to deal with and I only find they work for something with a water consistency, and maybe for samples.  But for the headache of dealing with those smaller bottles, I wouldn't try to send out normal sauce samples in 'em

For things like Purees...THESE work good!  Wider mouth, easy fill...2 oz...  I believe they are available with a metal lid that can be pressure canned or BWB for those that are concerned. 

These are 1.5 oz with the metal lids-

Hexagon 2 oz-

Tall Straight 8oz-

Many other options depending on the companies.  Also, if you find a jar you like but don't see a matching lid on the website, call the company! 

Good Luck~

SL
Thanks for the tipd as always Salsa Lady, ive definitely got some thinking to do. I will let you know how it all turns out.

Weights & measures may take issue with font size on such a small bottle.

Likewise with the local inspector who will have to clear your products, which (in my area at least) includes label compliance. Part of that is legibility of ingredients statement, with a readable font size.

Food for thought. Probably a good idea to check with your local inspector about the proposed change to see if there are any regulatory red flags.

Back