• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense Can you eat a Habanero straight??

Not mixed in any foods or anything just srtaight up eat one.

This question arose in my head as Im sitting here munching on Habs for lunch. Obviously I can.

standard orange habanero's don't seem to be a thing... they burn my mouth ALOT but no other effects. I've got these other peppers called goats weed. these peppers burn so bad that my ears start hurting really bad and sometimes my hearing is impaired. if it lasts to long my arms start to tremble. ahhaha
haha anyone else ever get that? the deafness and the shakes?

Yep for a hab or naga. Maybe the Naga wasn't too sensible but I've never used milk, only once last week for my hands after de-seeding. You've got to try these things.

Yep. Never had a naga though. But my caribbean reds are a lot meaner than your standard orange habs and i eat them all the time straight.....they burn for like 15 - 20 minutes

Necrocannibal said:
Not mixed in any foods or anything just srtaight up eat one.

This question arose in my head as Im sitting here munching on Habs for lunch. Obviously I can.

I have eaten a whole Caribbean Red Habanero (just last week) but I'm not gonna pretend I enjoyed the experience. I did not enjoy it. In fact, it sucked and I am unlikely to ever do it again.

I did it because I felt obligated (cuz I grow em now), and of course I wanted to be able to say that I have done it here in the land of pepperheads.
Call it getting some street cred :)

I do not believe that anyone can eat entire superhots, Naga's etc, and actually claim that they enjoy it.

I believe that they may enjoy the idea that they do it, and the notoriety that may come from doing it, but not the actual doing.

I don't agree with that at all. I think it all has to do with your heat tolerance. Some might find a hab or naga as hot as I find a jalapeno, and I enjoy jalapenos

I don't know if I can, but I probably won't do it. That doesn't go for each and every c.chinense, but not habaneros.

POTAWIE said:
I don't agree with that at all.

No offense, but in spite of that fact, I will still stand by my opinion :)

I will qualify it by saying that if there are folks out there that experience a Naga Morich like you or I might feel a jalapeno, then they did indeed suffer a lot before reaching that point, or there is something the matter with their ability to feel pain. :)

If they feel it all and started out enjoying that level of burn right off the bat, then they prolly also enjoy being tied up and whipped :hell:

Skyjerk said:
No offense, but in spite of that fact, I will still stand by my opinion :)

I will qualify it by saying that if there are folks out there that experience a Naga Morich like you or I might feel a jalapeno, then they did indeed suffer a lot before reaching that point, or there is something the matter with their ability to feel pain. :)

If they feel it all and started out enjoying that level of burn right off the bat, then they prolly also enjoy being tied up and whipped :hell:

Ya haven't seen hippy and my vids then.

We do enjoy the rush and the experience of the Nagas.

Nobody twisted our arms nor was it for a macho dare..we just like it and wanted to share the experience.

n/c on the whipping...I'm more of a dom than a subby tyvm. ;)

Back