• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Caribbean Red Hots (?)

Ah, the Red Hots, my favorite pepper! They hold the record for being the World's Hottest Pepper. After eating them for the past year, I would have to agree(altho I haven't had fatelli yet, but those seeds are on order).

The plant is low to the ground(around 12-24 inches) and bear big fuirts that are simply atomic.

One time I grilled one on the bbq and ate it whole...biiiiiiiigggggg mistake. :lol:

I grew these last year and this was the information I managed to russle up from observations and doing further reserach for the database

Originating from the Yucutan Peninsula in Mexico, this pepper variety is FEROCIOUSLY HOT and is thought to be the second hottest chile pepper variety on the planet measuring a scorching 445,000 scoville units. This makes it twice as hot as a standard Habanero Chile and over 80 times hotter than an Jalapeno Pepper! The slightly wrinkled chiles are approximately 1 inch wide by 1.5 inches long and are similiar in shape to the Habanero. The chiles ripen from lime green to a brilliant red in 110 days and are produced on very productive plants that reach 30 inches tall. As well as the blistering heat, they have a lovely fruity flavour which makes them an excellent choice for use in salsa's, marinades and of course, in hot sauce.

Hope this helps (a bit)

I've grown both the Caribbean Red and the Savina and I thouht that CR was hotter than the Savinas. Both have about the same flavor but I think the Savinas are a bit bigger pepper, but not by much. Well worth getting some more plants.

Back