Hi from France

Hi!

Baek, 30 something, from France, spicy food addict (several years in Asia and a wife from Reunion Island end up doing that to you).

I am really much looking forward this forum which is exactly what I was looking for.
Since I love spicy food, and love to garden, this was just a matter of time until I started to grow my own.

I would love to get my hands on the perfect Jalapeno seeds.
I have seeds from Reunion Island that I am wishing to trade (Achard & Cabri) and others from various places (Habanero, Navaro, ...)
Though I live in mainland France, it is not a problem for me to ship anywhere on the planet.

Thanks in advance for welcoming me in this nice community.

Bonjour!

:welcome:  to the THP forums from South Carolina, USA! Nice to have you aboard... you've certainly found the best place if your a spicy food addict who loves to garden- you'll fit right in. (that description pretty much fits us all!  ;) )  Best of growing with your garden!

Welcome! I've got tons of Jalepeno seeds left around here somewhere. They grow like weeds here in South Louisiana USA.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Hi Kevin, and welcome to THP from western Massachusetts. Looking at your username, I see you're familiar with Korean herbed rice wine. Are you a fan of Korean cooking as well?

Hi Rick!
Indeed I am. I have lived in Korea for a few years, and loved/love the local culinary scene.

I heard from my best friend (he's Texan) who's still living over there that Baekseju distilleries were shut down by the government after I left, apparently for health concerns. Thanks god this juice was available to me while living there...  :drunk: It was definitely a good way to tame the Korean Koju spiciness, and the pressure at work.

Baekseju said:
Hi Rick!
Indeed I am. I have lived in Korea for a few years, and loved/love the local culinary scene.

I heard from my best friend (he's Texan) who's still living over there that Baekseju distilleries were shut down by the government after I left, apparently for health concerns. Thanks god this juice was available to me while living there...  :drunk: It was definitely a good way to tame the Korean Koju spiciness, and the pressure at work.

Cool! I've never been to the "Land of the Morning Calm" myself, but my Uncle came home with a Korean wife when I was about 15, and I absolutely loved her cooking... enough so that I've been doing it myself ever since. It's what led me here. I was trying to source seeds for Gochu peppers so I could make my own Gochugaru to cook and make Kimchi with. :drooling:    See ya around the campus... :P

stickman said:

Cool! I've never been to the "Land of the Morning Calm" myself, but my Uncle came home with a Korean wife when I was about 15, and I absolutely loved her cooking... enough so that I've been doing it myself ever since. It's what led me here. I was trying to source seeds for Gochu peppers so I could make my own Gochugaru to cook and make Kimchi with. :drooling:    See ya around the campus... :P

I was going to ask with my ex-wife to get me some Koju pepper seeds from her aunt in Jeollanam. I would be glad to share with someone who (from what I can see) appreciates it. Well, it might takes several weeks to get them to France, then ship them to the US, but if you're not in a hurry... Let me know!

Back