• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

New grow mix at Wally world

Our Wal-mart just got this medium in the other day , got me 5 bags , 4bucks apiece,  great looking amendment .  worm castings,poultry litter , feather meal .  really dark and rich . 
Has anyone out there tried it before ?
IMG_1012-2.JPG

Will check my WallyWorld here in Ohio to see if they have it.
Just to check out the ingredients.
Might mix with my Pro-Mix

Saw a couple pallets but gnats were so bad I bailed. Looked like pretty good stuff though (bag was ripped open). Will you be using it with mix in pots or ground? Give review, i've got two other stores in my area I can hit.

Wimpy69 said:
Saw a couple pallets but gnats were so bad I bailed. Looked like pretty good stuff though (bag was ripped open). Will you be using it with mix in pots or ground? Give review, i've got two other stores in my area I can hit.

5 bags and not a gnat , but even if there was their out in the greenhouse and to big to be bothered by them .  if i used it indoors i would microwave it first . but its got great stuff in it 

4 dollars sounds great! I’ll have to see if they have some here. They just put out a pallet of some really good looking potting soil and compost in front of my local health food/organic grocery called ‘Baby Bu’ – charging 12 or 13$ I think (wish it was 4$) They sell their compost teas as well. Seeing the surfin’ cow on the logo first drew my attention!

Ingredients: Coir, compost (dairy cow manure, wood chips, straw, concentrations of yarrow, chamomile, valerian, stinging nettle, dandelion, & oak bark), fir bark, perlite, worm castings, soybean meal, fish meal, fish bone meal, langbeinite, alfalfa meal, crab meal, green sand, neem seed meal, volcanic ash, kelp meal, & love.

Description - Baby Bu’s Biodynamic® Blend Potting Soil begins on the farm. The cornerstone of our recipe is our Bu’s Blend Biodynamic® compost, crafted from a base of some of the best poop in the country.  Pasture-fed dairy cows supply us with manure that, when composted down, becomes an ideal amendment for your soil.  We then blend this compost with a host of ingredients of the highest quality and integrity, creating a potting soil that supports vibrant plant & soil life.

http://malibucompost.com/goods/layin

Thanks for the heads up on the Wally World soil!  ;)

Back