• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Bittersweet Purchase

I was browsing eBay the other day and came across a 1st-run Blair's 2AM. These were pre-black wax and probably had an original retail price of around $30 (just guessing)....

The wax has a crack in it....but 90% of them of this age do...so no big deal. But what got me was the starting bid:

$5.00

Yes, folks.......FIVE DOLLARS! 

So...I bid.....$5.01 (mostly as a joke) then promptly forgot about it.

Yesterday....I get a winner notification.  :shocked:

Yes, folks.....I won. And for five dollars! Oh, how far the value of these once desired collectibles have fallen! Heck...I'll buy them all day long at $5/bottle!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Blairs-2am-Reserve-Hot-Sauce-/152065505603?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=NvBv9aC2NTaRGdLhSmIKREAOrcs%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Nice grab for only $5. I have one like that with a crack in the exact same place. Bought it many years ago when it was the only private reserve Blair sold. I've got a few collectible reserves. Really hard to find buyers. Spent a lot of $ on them when I was collecting sauces.

Good Score.

ZTP, can we get a exact count on bottles. Dont want a guess. Im very curious exactly how many bottles you have.

The original ebay listing doesnt link so please post when you get it.  That is a score! 

Pauly has pics of his collection around here somewhere from a few years ago.  It probably has a few new bottles,

May be time for an update, Pauly?  :)

salsalady said:
The original ebay listing doesnt link so please post when you get it.  That is a score! 

Pauly has pics of his collection around here somewhere from a few years ago.  It probably has a few new bottles,

May be time for an update, Pauly?  :)
Heck yeah!!!

I just scored an original 2am reserve also for 20.00 including shipping, trying to build my collection from the cheap side.... Lol

Ta-DA!!!

8rSQU7v.jpg

VI8rtY7.jpg

Back