• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

indoor Growing indoors with T5HO. Anyone have any experience?

I would love to grow with MH or HPS or LED but T5HO is all I can muster right now. So, I'm trying to decide if my T5 will do well for my scenario of flowering 3 pepper plants at most.

The T5 is a 2ft 4 bulb fixture and it's doing great. Currently I have 3 6400K bulbs and one 3000K bulb just for some red. I'm vegging my trinidad scorpion pepper right now and it's coming along decently. I'm feeding with BioThrive liquid organic fertilizer which is 4-3-3 at roughly 1/4 - 1/2 strength and dosing each time I water.

How do you guys think the T5 will do when it comes time to flower my plant? I know that for one plant it should do the trick but I would like to maximize my yield as much as possible. My tent is coated in mylar so the light is reflected as much as possible.

Currently my veg cycle is 16hr on 8hr off, and I will change my nutrients to a high P level and change the light cycle to 12hr on 12hr off with 3 3000k bulbs and one 6400k bulb once it comes time for flowering..

***note***
My dad does saltwater reef-keeping and had some extra T5 bulbs labeled, "Blue Plus" that have nm readings of low 400's which are roughly 15000k that he let me have. My logic, more blue = more veg, but the lights haven't done much in the week I've put it in my fixture.

Overall, my light fixture itself is 96w and the tent is BRIGHT. 

How do you all think the light will fare in growing some nice pods indoors? This plant has never seen the sun and is growing decent.

My understanding is that unlike everyone's favorite medicinal herb :high:  chillis don't really give 2 hoots about the how blue or red the light is they will flower and grow under both, this is because flowering in chillis isn't photoperiod sensitive and chillis continue to grow as they flower. Fluorescent lights don't penetrate very far, i would try to keep the plants low and bushy and keep the light close to them for the best results.

My superhot are not ready to produce but my cayenne and super chilli are already producing pods after about 2 month from seed under my t5h0, if you look at khangstar video on youtube he has ton of fruit under t5.

Back