• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

So I am buying a new truck...

ddb3b372b17a09981e91bf438c2b7951x.jpg

2016 Chevy Silverado 1500 Z71.  My truck has outlived its long life and it is time for a new one.  Went window shopping with my son today.  It had come down to the Silverado, or the GMC Sierra.  This is the one I want.  Tomorrow I start the process.

:dance: Very nice, I like those pimp rims. Seriously I'm not to into flashy rims much, but I really like that style.

She's a pretty truck, JayT! Should be plenty of dealer incentives on the Silverado.... Ask about supplier pricing! On second thought, you might be able to get a better deal than supplier with the incentives... 

I can do one better, my grandfather worked for GM so I get the family discount.  Yeah, I am a supplier too through Alcoa.  We make aluminum for them.  I'm going to work that out with my car dealer.  He is my dad's golf partner and have bought many cars from him so he will get me my best deal for sure.

When I bought my Colorado, the dealer said the only better deal out there was employee (family) discount, so yeah... you should  get a great deal!

I looked at the Colorado, and it is more economical, but dammit, I just want this thing so bad!

JayT said:
I can do one better, my grandfather worked for GM so I get the family discount.  Yeah, I am a supplier too through Alcoa.  We make aluminum for them.  I'm going to work that out with my car dealer.  He is my dad's golf partner and have bought many cars from him so he will get me my best deal for sure.

That would explain why the choices were a Chevy or a GMC. ;)

Sharp looking truck Jay. Enjoy it.

I got the ball rolling today, and it turns out there may be a twist.  My dealer asked if the color was a must.  I said, I like that one, black and the deep ocean blue..  He found me another truck with everything "nearly" as this one for 2K less in the blue.  I am gonna check it out.  I have seen it online, but I need to see it in person.  Either way, we are rollin'.

out here in texas EVERYONE wants a truck. i think f150's average price is close to 40 grand? what with all the interior leather and nice engine packages etc.
most trucks are driven by regular folks, not trade people. my uncles wife spent like 4 grand on a new tranny and AC for her like... mid 1990s gmc truck.

is it the same in PA? i know you do foundry shit and probably need a truck to haul what ever... but do you find a similar truck culture in PA?

i dont get it to be honest. unless you are going to actually haul shit, just get a good SUV. suspension is better and the parts are cheaper. if you get a decent motor you can still tow a bit of a trailer, just not anything crazy.

My truck is gonna be around 43K.  Yes I can haul stuff. Its not for work.  I am getting the double cab for hauling my boys.  I can haul my deer in it the 6' bed if I am lucky enough.Sometimes the wife wants me to bring crap home from yard sales or some shit.. Basically I am buying it because I just want a truck.

yea i get  what you are saying.

i guess an SUV w/ ladder frame chassis + trailer is no appealing?  that's the rout id go personally, but i think tucks resale alot better than most SUV's.

i remember a while back the toyota trucks actually had more american labor in them than the Gm trucks i think?
lol is that still the case?

Back