• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

What is the Sweetest Tomatos?

Looking for Tomatos that taste like candy.  Favorite so far is the Ivory Pear which has no tomatoy flavor but very sweet sweet flavor.  Looking for more like that.  Garden Peach and Ivory Pear currently top my list.  Any others which may be sweeter than those?

I just replied with a long reply that got erased, so here is the abridged version. Sun gold and sun sugar are both great, sun gold splits easier after a rain, sun sugar has a thicker skin.

I highly recommend Orange Russian 117, this is a large, heart shaped, bi-color, yellow-red,  tomato. Most years the flavor is fantastic, dependent on rain and temp. I started growing it 6-7 years ago and it will be in my garden every year.

Five Star Grape from Johnny's is a good one. It's really sweet, but it has enough acid and great flavor to balance it out. Really vigorous, heavy producer and has good resistance to fusarium and verticillium. It's one of the few F1s I grow. 

Back