• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Spinach

Coming along nicely.

_5135530_Spinache-1000_zpsusozgsd2.jpg

I just pulled up my 3 foot by 2 foot area that had spinach it wasn't doing that well and placed some peppers in that area.

Now my swiss chard on the other hand grows like crazy and I prefer the taste of the swiss chard over the spinach.

Seeds came up quick enough, 10 days or something like that, we have had -2c and their still ok, -1 tonight. The stuff in the store is tasteless thats why I try and grow my own, I like spinach allot, its just been many years since Ive had any good stuff :(

dragonsfire said:
Seeds came up quick enough, 10 days or something like that, we have had -2c and their still ok, -1 tonight. The stuff in the store is tasteless thats why I try and grow my own, I like spinach allot, its just been many years since Ive had any good stuff :(
I like spinach allot I'm just having some bad luck. Maybe I'll try a different variety.

My 1st planting of spinach went in the cold frame 03/05 and are starting to bolt now. I planted consecutive weeks till end of march. Seed 4'Lx8"Wx8"D resin window boxs heavy and had 75%+/- germ with about 25 plus per box X's 4. Keeps us happy with just enough. Boxes move easy in and out of frame and can really control watering. They'll be going on the cool side of house soon to squeeze out as much as I can before last set bolt. I'll be saving seeds and plant same way in fall. All are Bloomsdale Long Standing from saved seed. Yours are looking real healthy, nothing like fresh.

Back