• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

The Album that changed your life!!!

So no matter what generation you are from or where you were born, one thing we all have in common is music. There had to have been some point that there was an album that just changed how you looked at the world. This isn't a thread for all the many great albums out there. This is a thread for that ONE album that you can say represents your youth or your now, make this album the answer to "if I could only listen to one album it would be".......

For me in my early teens it was......
Type O Negative and October Rust
R.I.P. Pete

I've listened to TON more than any other band period. And I only just discovered them around 2005. My friends covered Black No. 1 at every gig and that's how I first heard their music. There is no one else with a voice like Pete had. Everytime I get into the car to go somewhere 9/10 times I'm listening to Type O. Absolutely sucks that there will never be a new album. RIP Pete.

Aside from seminal works by the Beatles, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin and Hendrix the first few albums that really affected me were Metallica's Master of Puppets.  After that Soundgarden's Superunknown, Alice in Chain's Dirt, Nirvana's Nevermind,  Smashing Pumpkin's Gish all were important albums.  

The one that first comes to mind though would be Radiohead's Ok Computer.  I listened to that album constantly for a couple years..

The first album I bought with my own earned money. I had already bought AC-DC high voltage and highway to hell with my parents money. But It gave me a lot of pride that i bought this double album with money I worked for. And prolly the start of me being a rebellious little shit, too.

cant find the full album on YT so here is a couple songs from it.

Black Sabbath: "We sold our souls for rock & roll"
https://youtu.be/e8fxrX-YidM

I was aware of their earlier albums, but purchased this the day it was released in 1984. As a newbie guitar player, it made a big impression and remains one of my favs. I saw them in concert shortly thereafter.

91NO6WF-EML._SL1500_.jpg

Man I am loving all the albums and variety you all have posted and if I was going with an all time five would have to include some of those artists. Metallica Black album a kid handed me during one of our wrestling practices which became the sound track of everyone of my other practices while running and of course it was a cassette tape. Iron Maiden caught somewhere in time as they were awesome to try and learn as I started playing guitar also. Pantera far beyond driven, marilyn manson portrait of an american family and antichrist superstar, six feet under haunted and alive and dead, fear factory demanufacture, and so on and so on.....

Back