• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Anybody getting caramel Brain Strains?

Later in 2015, Cappy made some of his new chocolate Brain Strain peppers available to many of us. When I got my box, there was a small packet of seeds included. I planted my seeds and got 16 plants that are producing very well now. 2 of my plants are producing beautiful caramel peppers. I get to try my first one Monday night at hot pepper night. ( I'm having a hard time waiting ) Are any of you getting any of these from your seeds? Tom

I think I have caramel everything else, but no, no caramel brainstrains. will want an update on taste/heat no l8r than Monday morning.

Alright, I'll take a picture tomorrow but I haven't paid the fee here that allows you to post pictures directly. I'll post on my Seriously Hot Peppers Facebook page tomorrow.
CAPCOM, as we usually do, I will bring a chocolate one and the best looking caramel and we will try each and make all the comparisons. I will let you know here, but lately, instead of reporting here like I used to, I have been putting pictures and some reviews on my Facebook page now. I know I can downsize my pictures and put them on a website that holds your pictures and then forward here, but I'm not so great with all that, that I'd rather not go through all the trouble. Facebook makes it so easy.
PS, CAPCOM, I'm going to make my first attempt at pepper cuttings on the best plant. I'll send you a small plant for free, if you want!

just go to www.imgur.com upload your picture there and copy the BBcode link from the right and paste here done.

cycadjungle said:
Alright, I'll take a picture tomorrow but I haven't paid the fee here that allows you to post pictures directly. I'll post on my Seriously Hot Peppers Facebook page tomorrow.
CAPCOM, as we usually do, I will bring a chocolate one and the best looking caramel and we will try each and make all the comparisons. I will let you know here, but lately, instead of reporting here like I used to, I have been putting pictures and some reviews on my Facebook page now. I know I can downsize my pictures and put them on a website that holds your pictures and then forward here, but I'm not so great with all that, that I'd rather not go through all the trouble. Facebook makes it so easy.
PS, CAPCOM, I'm going to make my first attempt at pepper cuttings on the best plant. I'll send you a small plant for free, if you want!
Excellent. Am very interested in the comparison to the chocolates. And as far as the clone goes, you dont have to ask me twice, Thx very much for that offer.

Scorched said:
I know Stephen Canaday (Ignite) was growing Caramel Brain Strains last year. One other person was as well. Think it was JediSushi? Could be wrong.
he sent me pods last year.
IMG_1978.jpg

IMG_1979.jpg

CAPCOM said:
Excellent. Am very interested in the comparison to the chocolates. And as far as the clone goes, you dont have to ask me twice, Thx very much for that offer.
not nearly as hot as those but less bitter.

This is very interesting and exciting! I'd love to grow out a caramel version! I was planning on germing a few of the very few chocolate seeds direct from Cappy's pods as well. 

(Just to throw this out there... there are actually claims - or I've rather seen it listed on a 'grow list' - of a purple brainstrain (as well as a purple bubblegum). There is also the same as to an orange brainstrain, but I think that one is a reality, and/or possibly more known about. I can't say with 100% certainty. Most claims are with no pics (of course!), but I do remember perhaps 1 or 2 posted to accompany the claim. By the looks of it, they could have been another pepper entirely.

I'd be willing to bet that there is actually more morphological variance within the certain strains of which we probably are aware of at large. I'd make that statement based on the fact of the global expanse of growers and the language barriers along with that which by default keeps most 'out of the know or loop' as to if any new color morphs or interesting phenos appear. Only when things are reported on in English in particular, do they then start to become more widely known. There are certainly peppers we (speaking of English dominant speakers on these forums, Facebook, etc.) don't know even exist but are known about among the Italians, Poles, Germans, etc. And then there is the factor of how many growers may have new things appear in there gardens but they keep it secret!! I know this happens- I encountered a person showing a new color variation of an already not to widely grown pepper on Facebook... I mentioned that it was the first I'd ever seen a picture/had no idea it even existed and asked its origins... is he the sole 'owner' of it. He deleted that very post not even 10 mins. later! So if I hadn't seen that, I still would not know such a pepper was a reality! Just look at the 'Big Black Mama' family (so to speak...) blacks, caramels, mustard, red, yellow... same with the Bhutlah. There is now a peach/orangish variety, a purple, etc. A caramel wartyx showed up last year too! 

Always nice to see pics for confirmation! I remember the pics posted awhile back of the caramel brainstrains, great to see them brought up again! Hope they stay true!!

I forgot to plant seeds but i have them stashed away.  Next year.  I think steven was going to release seeds at some point.  Haven't heard from him in a while.  I'm more excited about the yellow reapers i'm growing.

As far as reapers go, I really wanted chocolate reapers for this season. I got some CPR from Tony and only got one to germinate. Hoping it has the profiles I am looking for.

Back