• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

blue oyster mushroom ( coffee grounds )

This is my new easy growing kit, grow up to a pound of Blue Oyster with the culture kits made entirely of coffee grounds.
By adding more coffee grounds around the kit it is possible to expand 5X the weight of mycelium in the space of a few weeks.

Stated last weekend, they are already appears
3bX6qXM.png

I want to try growing these, but it seems Florida is not the place for them, I believe its too hot. I think this will become a real good seller to high end restaurants. What temps are you growing those in?

AaronTT said:
I want to try growing these, but it seems Florida is not the place for them, I believe its too hot. I think this will become a real good seller to high end restaurants. What temps are you growing those in?
I grow them in the house, today I have transferred them in the basement. the temp should stay around 70 °F.

I read the recommendation on the site and do not say nothing about perfect temperature.

the only warning are:
Avoid placing the kit near a source of heat that dries the air, such as baseboards.
Avoid prolonged direct sunlight which dries too quickly mushrooms.
Prevent the package rests in standing water.

60f is optimal, however the oysters are durable, as long as they have a moist air then they should be ok, the only way is to try, if had them in my place when its 80f.

Back