• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

harvesting AJs 13th Harvest 09-01-08

Its been a good year so far with maybe 2 months grow season left...maybe the superhots will finally kick into gear and produce for me....they are very slow...

09-01-08Harvest1.jpg

09-01-08Harvest2.jpg

I feel a hot sauce, some pico & salsa coming on this week...

Wow - what a load of heat and aroma. The super hots are really taking their time this season, I agree, but this is one hell of a harvest nevertheless!!!

Absolutely brilliant AJ. Everyone seems to be doing well with their Jamaican Red Hots but I've only got one pod on mine. I'm growing Jamaican Yellow Hot too but that's a bit of a disaster. What's the difference between the taste of them both?

Thanks ya'll

RB...I like the taste of the yellows better...maybe more citrusy/fruity than the reds...or maybe I just like Yellow better...the yellows are producing much much better than the reds....they still have a pretty good heat level once you get to the placenta/seeds...the lower parts of the pod don't have much heat at all from what I have found...

What Another great harvest my friend and such a nice selection to harvest,Hows the criolla sella on taste A.J :)

Nice again AJ. The weird thing is my super hots have ripened fastest of all my pods. :) There's still easily 500+ pods sitting on the vine green though. :)

Chris

Hey AJ. Once again quite the harvest. I see you have grown pepperoncini. My friend was talking about growing them next year and I was wondering how they worked out for you? Were they good producers?

thanks again all...

Criola Sella taste....eating one now...starting at the tip taking about 1cm (1/2 inch) a bite...taste almost sweet, great pepper taste...not much heat...moving up the stem I taste the pepper, but not as sweet as the tip...a little heat starting to come now, middle of tongue, down the throat, not bad...next bite...very seedy...chewing seeds, umhuh, here comes the heat...still not bad tho...tip of tongue starting to sting a bit...sides of the back of the throat are now stinging...last bite....decent heat....this pepper will be good in pico...it will add an orange color to the already colorful green (green japs/cilantro), red (tomato), and white (onion)...

Pepperoncini...these are great producers for me....they do not see direct sunlight at all...got them against the brick wall on the north side of my house....great taste and very little heat....

AlabamaJack said:
thanks again all...

Criola Sella taste....eating one now...starting at the tip taking about 1cm (1/2 inch) a bite...taste almost sweet, great pepper taste...not much heat...moving up the stem I taste the pepper, but not as sweet as the tip...a little heat starting to come now, middle of tongue, down the throat, not bad...next bite...very seedy...chewing seeds, umhuh, here comes the heat...still not bad tho...tip of tongue starting to sting a bit...sides of the back of the throat are now stinging...last bite....decent heat....this pepper will be good in pico...it will add an orange color to the already colorful green (green japs/cilantro), red (tomato), and white (onion)...

Pepperoncini...these are great producers for me....they do not see direct sunlight at all...got them against the brick wall on the north side of my house....great taste and very little heat....

Are great review on the Criola..have just germinated some golden greek Pepperoncini and i carnt wait to use them next year :)

talas said:
Are great review on the Criola..have just germinated some golden greek Pepperoncini and i carnt wait to use them next year :)

Thanks talas

I want to grow the golden greeks next year too...these are just plain ol' pepperoncinis I got from walmart...

Give me a shout if your struggling to find seeds A.J..I Did..Not That many folks selling them apart from ebay..And thats 50-50 what you'll get :)

Hey AJ, aren't Trinidad perfume peppers usually yellow not red? and your Trinidad seasoning peppers are yellow instead of red?
Any chance they were mixed up, or is it just weird luck:)

thanks andres...

you know potawie...I was sure I was careful with them when I labelled them...it is possible I made a mistake but what is funny is I have 5 Tobago seasoning pepper plants of which 2 are producing peppers. One is producing yellow pods and the other is producing red pods...both have the same pod shape. The Trinidad Perfume are a totally different pod shape than the Tobagos are...they remind me of a short fat serrano...

Back