• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

PEPPER PLANT LEAVES TURNING YELLOW AND FALLING OFF ON BHUTLAH PLANT AS IT FRUITS

My BHUTLAH plant ever since it started fruiting, the leaves started turning yellow and falling off.  My plant is 100% indoor under an 8 bulb T5 light setup.  I got close to 50 pods to fruit on this beast, but it seems like it starts yellowing and dropping leaves daily til some parts of the plant are bare of leaves on the sections of heavy fruiting.  Last night I finally clipped off like 30+ pods off the plants and today i put like 2 tablespoons straight fish emulsion, 2 tablespoons of ECOVIE micro nutrients, and about 6oz of rusty nail water (clear container with about 9 rusty nails in it submerged in water) into the soil.  I then sprayed the crap out of the leaves top and bottoms with epsom salt water (1.5 tablespoon/ liter bottle, about 1/3 bottle).  Whenever I use CAL-MAG on it the leaf tips start to look slighlty burnt a day or 2 later, so i use it sparingly now.

It will stay indefinitely indoors.  Any idea?  The branch on the plant that didnt have fruit on it grew and is now about 1.5 feet taller than the rest of the plant and starting to flower with 1 fruit on it already.

Any ideas?

http://s428.photobucket.com/user/Kurt_Easton/media/Mobile%20Uploads/1464477113044-949118951_zpsmivqe5q1.jpg.html?o=1

http://s428.photobucket.com/user/Kurt_Easton/media/Mobile%20Uploads/14644775781781514562713_zps5oczpsrc.jpg.html?o=0

I find these charts to be useful for IDing nute problems:

Mobile Nutrients (The first NO points to the immobile nutrients chart)

GJ8PIHm.png

Immobile nutrients:  

zIvQqOY.png

Also what is the rusty nail water used for?

More Hotta said:
Did you feed it like that while the pods where growig on it ?
no, i kind of lacked on the nitrogen, but the past few time i gave it mexican bat guano, and foliar sprayed with fish emulsion, it didnt seem to do anything.  i would normally  every other watering, (water every 1.5 weeks) give it ECOVIE, cal mag, and meta-k.  it would seem some of the tips of leaves would burn after i used cal-mag

If I am seeing the picture right, I do not think it is a problem with watering or nutrients.  It looks like only individual branches are affected.  The leaves on one seem bright green where the others seem rich.  Is the majority of the plant effected or maybe just a branch or two?

What is your growing medium and how often do you fertilize? Size of container? What's the average temp where the plant is? Seems like you're using organic ferts and these things can have an effect

ajdrew said:
If I am seeing the picture right, I do not think it is a problem with watering or nutrients.  It looks like only individual branches are affected.  The leaves on one seem bright green where the others seem rich.  Is the majority of the plant effected or maybe just a branch or two?
the branches that had peppers leaves turned yellow

Back