• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

This is One Hairy Girl !

And she is very productive :)

Meet Miss Goat Weed and she survived outdoors all winter. She is a keeper for sure. We will be having 100* weather all week so these should be turning red very soon. 

Attachments

• goat.jpg
    goat.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 70
  • Goat1.jpg
    Goat1.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 54
Nice Goatsweed SR!

I've always wondered about that pic Judy uses for her goatsweed. I've seen a couple hundred GW plants with pods in person and always kinda considered ones like that to be an undesirable pheno IMO. Not black enough and not upright enough. Dont get me wrong I'm not trying to bash Judy (I got love for her). Just always wondered why she used that particular pic? 

Great looking plant. I think I have 14 plants this year. I want to over winter some. I herd that they do better the second time around.
smileyguy697 said:
I have one that's 4 years old and it's still kicking ass in a 5 gallon bucket.. Love these things
4 years is great!!

The one I have is between 4-5 feet. I'm going to transplant it from a 5 gal to 15 gal before winter. I'll prune it to grow more lower branches and make it bushier.

SavinaRed said:
The one I have is between 4-5 feet. I'm going to transplant it from a 5 gal to 15 gal before winter. I'll prune it to grow more lower branches and make it bushier.
Last year I grew a one, it didn't get more than 15in tall. It was very bushy. Hope this year they get a little taller.

That's a beautiful plant Nick. I might be able to get away with one in my house, as a ornamental. I'll have my Cob led room up this Winter. Will throw a couple in there, along with a couple super's.

Thanks for sharing

Chuck

OCD Chilehead said:
That's a beautiful plant Nick. I might be able to get away with one in my house, as a ornamental. I'll have my Cob led room up this Winter. Will throw a couple in there, along with a couple super's.

Thanks for sharing

Chuck
I might bring it inside this winter I'm not sure since it survived outside last winter. It would make a cool ornamental indoors though.

I always thought goats weed was same as the black cobra pepper but these pictures don't look the same as my plant. But then again, I bought the "black cobra" seeds from ebay before I discovered this site. Its my first time growing them so hopefully they come out as nice as yours!! 

cathee said:
I always thought goats weed was same as the black cobra pepper but these pictures don't look the same as my plant. But then again, I bought the "black cobra" seeds from ebay before I discovered this site. Its my first time growing them so hopefully they come out as nice as yours!! 
As far as I know they are the same pepper just called different names from what I've researched. Maybe one of our expert growers can clear this up for us.  I've heard the cobra is not as tall, grows lower to the ground and wider that the Goat. 

see link below

http://www.tradewindsfruit.com/content/goats-weed-pepper.htm

Back