• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense Bought some Ghost peppers Fruit

Picked these up yesterday for $3 each. Sometimes its nice to find you can get a handful for cheap. I only have one plant and probably wont get this much. Will use on on a new batch of hot sauce, bought some more tomatoes and red Bell Peppers and the other will dry and keep the seeds.

P1090071_GhostPeppersGhutJolokia-1000_zpsjew7pmqj.jpg

dragonsfire said:
Picked these up yesterday for $3 each. Sometimes its nice to find you can get a handful for cheap. I only have one plant and probably wont get this much. Will use on on a new batch of hot sauce, bought some more tomatoes and red Bell Peppers and the other will dry and keep the seeds.

P1090071_GhostPeppersGhutJolokia-1000_zpsjew7pmqj.jpg

Wow the stores near me never sell anything like this, what store was it and whats your location-ish
3 bucks for about 10 or 11 pods seems like a good price

my local superstore sells them for $7.99 per pack and usually half of the pack is rotten.

(if you are looking for live plants, i purchased a bhut jolokia plant at Rona's for $2.28 per plant and they had a lot of them(they should be half price in a couple of weeks). canadian tire had large followering bhuts for $9.99 per plant but they only had a few, they also had red habs but were very small).

Looking on the web their seams to by a large variety of Naga Morich.

​Dehydrating them now so they keep till the red peppers I bought are fully ripe. Had a lick of the knife from putting slits in the peppers and not as hot as expected, remembering the Ghost I grew last year, so either the type of pepper or growing technique.
Took six seeds and going to grow them and see what happens. :)

P1090073_GhostPeppers-1000_zpsntwtbv3z.jpg
P1090077_GhostPeppersDehydrate-1000_zpshox8zjpk.jpg
P1090076SeedStartingGhostpep-600_zpsym29lk4g.jpg

Student of Spice said:

Wow the stores near me never sell anything like this, what store was it and whats your location-ish
3 bucks for about 10 or 11 pods seems like a good price
lucky you!

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Probably Dorset Nagas then. IIRC those are arguably Ghosts because they're bred from them and nothing else but their heat is lower because they were bred to be easier to grow in a more western clime, not for potency.

Back