• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pests Tiny White Bugs?

Hiding in my soil. Little bastages ain't paying no rent, so they gots too go!

No aphids or anything hiding under the leaves. I move the soil with my hand and they burrow into the soil. Can't really get a good picture of them.

Was trying too almost dry out the soil before the next watering. Which was today. Last night's rain ruined that idea. Ugh!

What could or should I use too Kill these bugs?

Magged Out said:
Hiding in my soil. Little bastages ain't paying no rent, so they gots too go!

What a cavalier attitude.  Without attempting to first understand what something is, your first resort is to exterminate it.  Bravo to you, sir.  Bravo.

Here is a link to a site that shows some pics of common garden pests. They also sell beneficial insects to combat these problems. It is important to consider life cycle when attempting to identify a bug - aphids start wingless, but they do have a couple winged flight stages. The pics on the page I linked for you do not include these stages of aphids, but you can see the stages by searching for "aphid lifecycle" on the Internet. Also, note that aphids will bury themselves in soil for different reasons are different times, so don't entirely exclude them as a possibility. Without pics, though, it seems possible that your soil has grubs, or possibly whitefly larvae. Try scooping some soil up then spread it out on a black or dark surface to expose them (black paper, a dark plastic trash bag, whatever is handy.) You might be able to catch a pic of them that way.

Hybrid Mode 01 said:
Without a pic, I'm going to guess springtails. Nothing to worry about.
Can't get a good picture. Googled springtails and they don't look nothing like them. They have a pear shaped body.

Back