• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Growing in Hydro/Perlite, Nutrient question (Floranova Bloom)

I am growing in Perlite/Vermiculite right now, it's sort of like a "manual" Hydro system.
I am using "GH Floranova Bloom" which is 4-8-7. Wondering whether someone by chance uses the same and how much they apply?

(I am using Floranova Bloom since this is, according to other grower sources, a perfect "universal fertilizer", and I read somewhere it is good when nutrients have less N because otherwise the plant would spend too much energy on vegetative and not so much on fruit production. So far, my grow looks pretty good. I am using 1.5ml FNB per 1L water)

fnblabel.jpg

On the other hand, I may just go after what this says, sounds about right.

I use 6ml per 5 liters and a little dash of epsom salts with a ph between 5.8 and 6.2. Plants seems fine with that, but I grow in coco coir

I would get yourself an EC reader and try not exceed 1.6-1.7 EC input on a mature crop and try to hit the following concentrations ratios via product labels by mixing a two part A and B to hit the below if possible
Nitrate (NO3): 4
Phosphate (PO4): 2.2
Potassium (K): 6
Calcium (Ca): 4.4
 Magnesium (Mg): 1

So bottle read out would be 
NPK: 4-2.2-6
Ca/Mg: 4-1

otherwise like everyone said above follow your labels on FNB, but flush more often to leech the high P levels from the media as it will build up in the plant over time and cause antagonistic conflicts with Iron and Zinc which might lock them out and show up as a Iron or Zinc deficiency later in the growth cycle. Deficiency is not guaranteed but it will could slow down maximum growth rates.   

Back