• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Anyone ever try this?

I was at a party last night and someone was raving about this. The suggested serving method is to mix 2 TBS of the seasoning with one can of petite diced tomatoes but she told me she uses fresh tomatoes, onions etc and adds the seasoning to that. I am not huge on premixed stuff but I like the idea of a rich seasoning blend, and having it on hand. Imonna get some to try it but I just thought I would ask if anyone else has tried it.

The website says they have "Mild", "Hot" and "Thermal". Also some BBQ sauce I might try.

13327600_1028159083931631_6494240204802116536_n.jpg

13344760_1028159227264950_6804336013160472334_n.jpg

I'd suggest a can of Ro-Tel instead.

I've had dry salsa before, it's really not great. I don't put "spices" in salsa and it has that kinda taste even though it rehydates.

Rotel is the item I stock the deepest ...

Chili-fixin's size, chunky size, habanero lime ...

Rotel is *WAY,WAY* healthier than tomato paste, diced tomato, tomato sauce etc ... especially in terms of sodium ...

I like to mix a can of fire-roasted corn and an extra can of diced hatch chilis with two cans of Rotel, and use that as my taco topping for a few days ...
Still interested to see how Scovie likes it, though ...

But like, SL is right there ...

picking nits here-
One source of vinegar powder I know of lists it as "Ingredients: maltodextrin, white distilled vinegar, modified food starch.".  The pictured spice mix doesn't call out sub-ingredients, so hopefully there are none.   

It's good to have a back up of fresh salsa, like when out on a camping trip and there ain't no fresh veggies, but you are hankering for some SALSA.  Or Late at night and the store is closed....(our local market closes at 9:00pm.  Yep, that's right.  nothing open 24 hour in our area except THP...:lol:).

Let us know how it is, hopefully worth a try.  :)

Salsa in a jar lasts forever there's really no benefit to this especially since they recommend... canned tomatoes. And if you are dicing fresh tomatoes... then dice other stuff = salsa why add this? So what is the benefit here? You can take this to a party with a can of tomatoes instead of a jar of salsa (so x2)? Or, you are out of salsa but you have this and a can of tomatoes? Umm.

salsalady said:
It's good to have a back up of fresh salsa, like when out on a camping trip and there ain't no fresh veggies, but you are hankering for some SALSA.  Or Late at night and the store is closed..

Ann nailed it. Unfortunately, The selection of Salsa around here is limited, and I WILL NOT eat Pace or LaLaLaVictoria. I love SL's Salsa, but I eat a ton of it. Once in awhile, I just want something to snack on. Making fresh salsa everytime I crave it aint gonna happen. I was actually thinking more of using it for tweaks like Queso dip, Maybe sprinkle it on a burger? Canned tomato salsa doesn't really get me excited but the option is there. That girl that was telling me about it, loved it, for the same reasons above. Like a homemade version of Pace. hahahahaha

Interesting product. Not particularly useful if you live in a city where there is a well stocked grocery store, but I can see the benefit if you are out in the boonies (or Twisp) and don't have anything but a pantry full of canned tomatoes or in an emergency situation OMFG, I need salsa right now :rofl: .

I could actually see carrying this at the RV, but at the same token, it would be no different than buying canned salsa already made at the RV. This product might be a little cheaper though. Canned salsa gets expensive.

Scoville DeVille said:

. I was actually thinking more of using it for tweaks like Queso dip, Maybe sprinkle it on a burger?

That seems like a better idea. I have other seasoning products that get used this way.

Back