• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

grilling Grilled shrimp w/ poblano romesco (Weber recipe of the week)

This was the Weber recipe of the week a few weeks back. It's actually the second time we've done it and it's awesome.

http://www.weber.com/recipes/starters/spicy-shrimp-with-charred-poblano-romesco

We made just a few changes:
  • 3 poblanos instead of 2, the sauce is killer you will want more! we eyeballed the rest to make about a 1.5x recipe
  • recipe calls for 1 raw jalapeño, we used 3 (2 charred, 1 raw)
  • 5 cloves garlic
  • juice of 1 whole lemon

I charred some eggplants for some baba ganoush that I'm taking to my parents' house for an appetizer, and also grilled some eggplant slices to go with dinner.

Here goes!

After charring the eggplant needs to continue cooking indirect. The tomato had the top cut off and the core cut out, drizzled with some olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and salt and pepper. Leave the bottom on so the stuff inside doesn't run out the bottom, and cook until very tender.

After the peppers are charred they go in a bowl covered w/ clingfilm or foil to steam for 10-15 minutes. Makes it a breeze to scrape off the skins.

Hey, I actually toasted some almonds without burning them and having to start all over!

All the goodies for the romesco in the blender

Shrimps!

All plated

I'll add a couple pics of the baba ganoush later, right now it's in the fridge but doesn't look good until it's got the parsley and olive oil drizzled over the top.

Thanks for looking!

austin87 said:

This was the Weber recipe of the week a few weeks back. It's actually the second time we've done it and it's awesome.

http://www.weber.com/recipes/starters/spicy-shrimp-with-charred-poblano-romesco

We made just a few changes:
  • 3 poblanos instead of 2, the sauce is killer you will want more! we eyeballed the rest to make about a 1.5x recipe
  • recipe calls for 1 raw jalapeño, we used 3 (2 charred, 1 raw)
  • 5 cloves garlic
  • juice of 1 whole lemon

I charred some eggplants for some baba ganoush that I'm taking to my parents' house for an appetizer, and also grilled some eggplant slices to go with dinner.

Here goes!

After charring the eggplant needs to continue cooking indirect. The tomato had the top cut off and the core cut out, drizzled with some olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and salt and pepper. Leave the bottom on so the stuff inside doesn't run out the bottom, and cook until very tender.

After the peppers are charred they go in a bowl covered w/ clingfilm or foil to steam for 10-15 minutes. Makes it a breeze to scrape off the skins.

Hey, I actually toasted some almonds without burning them and having to start all over!

All the goodies for the romesco in the blender

Shrimps!

All plated

I'll add a couple pics of the baba ganoush later, right now it's in the fridge but doesn't look good until it's got the parsley and olive oil drizzled over the top.

Thanks for looking!

Oh ya....I'd eat that :dance: :dance:

Back