• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Too Early for Flower/Fruits?

Short info:

Jalapenos, Serranos, growing in Hempy Buckets (manual Hydro) w/ Perlite/Vermiculite , feeding Floranova Bloom, Greenhouse on Balcony in Spain, VERY hot currently, under 15hrs LED CREE CXB3590s

As compared to my outdoor grow from last year, THOSE peppers I grow pseudo-hydro have literally exploded once I started feeding them. Previously I remember my peppers took an eternity for them to fruit, I am shocked to see that THOSE are now flowering and fruiting!
(Not just two weeks ago they were seedlings, I am not kidding).

The plants are still rather tiny (lighter for scale), should I pinch the flowers/fruits? Because I just read it would be good otherwise it might hamper growth?

Edit: They look a "little" overwatered/stunted right now because there is still some water in the perlite/vermiculite from the last watering.

tooearly.JPG

I've heard pinch and not pinch. I'm going with if the weight of the pepper will hurt the plant, I'll definitely pinch. Last year I left all blooms and we had a storm that laid every plant down but the ones without pods. No breakage but I had a lot of work to get them upright again. I'm taking this in to account this year. I'm thinking of testing leaving blooms on after a certain height or whatever depending on the variety.

Back