• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

What kinds to grow?

Hey there all. I've been growing orange habs for a little bit and love picking 'em straight off the plant for cooking. They don't produce much, but thats beside the point XD

I love making everything I eat spicy. When I'm craving some good spice, I get really disappointed if it's not just slightly under inedible. The orange habs were spicy for me..for the first two times I have used them; but now, they really aren't anything extraordinarily spicy. I would like to expand my growing collection to include some seriously HOT peppers. :hell: No matter what, I HAVE to grow a couple Bhut.

What kinds would you guys suggest?

Thanks guys.

Bih/Bhuut and either Naga morich/Dorset Naga,Fatalli(just so damn good),7pot(unigue Flavor),Scorpion(heat and heat),Aji Lemon(Nicely hot tasty pods)Chocolate Habanero(Smoky Hot Loveliness).:)

Oh, and o-habs SHOULD be excellent producers...

I forgot to mention, Fatali is a hab, but with extrordinary flavor and heat. My personal fave. There is nothing liek it.

I ditto the fatali, any nagas, scorpions/7-pot, and chocolate habs as stuff to kick yer butt. :)

They will, trust me.
Orange habs are about 1/10 as hot as a Naga..keep that in mind.

No shame in building a tolorance and starting slow, most all of us have.

Yeah what quad and talas said...grow some fatalli's and naga morich.I am growing some and have not tried any yet but those 2 plants and their pods are too cool looking!!!:)

Fatalii has always been my number 1 hottie for flavor followed by several chocolate/brown C. chinenses and scotch bonnets.
I'm not a big orange hab fan, but there are some much hotter varieties of them if you like that flavor and also some very productive varieties.

I have to say everyone else covered the great ones. You can't go wrong with those choices! I may add Red Dominican Habanero and Cumari O' Passarinho too for high heat and nice flavor.

Chris

cmpman1974 said:
I have to say everyone else covered the great ones. You can't go wrong with those choices! I may add Red Dominican Habanero and Cumari O' Passarinho too for high heat and nice flavor.

Chris

Dominican good then chris..have seeds but didn't no what the flavor or heat was like..:)

Are there any places that you would suggest to get my seedlings from - that I could get soon?

Every place I've found has been completely sold out.

One of my habs is just BOOMING. :shocked:

Orange habanero ,Cumari ou Passarinho,Chocolate habanero , Peach habanero if you like super hot than is 7 pods,Trinidad Scorpion (red/yellow),Naga Morich,Bhut Jolokia, Morouga's if you like med/hot you can grow Scotch Bonnet,any kind Thai peppers if you like bird peppers those are so many variety that is only you can choose .

I forget to mantion that Fatalii's(red,yelllow & orange ) is must also Bonda MA Jackque,Madam Janette Dominican red, Cleo's Dragon& Ecuadorin Devil breath & Martinique that are my favor pods.

Back